Talk

Advanced search

weaning timimgs

(4 Posts)
butterfly86 Sat 13-Dec-14 19:03:29

We've been weaning for a couple of weeks now we're just doing one meal a day at lunchtime, the thing is dd feeds usually every 3 hours so 7am, 10, 1 etc so we've been giving food with the 1pm bottle hv said to give milk first so by the time she's had milk the food sometimes isn't until 1.30-1.45 and if she is napping like today she didnt wake until 2 so was even later, so really it's not lunch how do I get round this?

ilovepowerhoop Sat 13-Dec-14 20:53:51

I would maybe give the food an hour after the 10 am bottle then i.e. around 11am.

What age is your dd?

mrsmugoo Sat 13-Dec-14 21:13:36

At the start, it doesn't really matter if the food you give doesn't really correlate to a specific mealtime - just do it whoever is most convenient for you.

butterfly86 Sat 13-Dec-14 22:22:41

She is 25 weeks I had thought maybe not give her it the same time as the milk and do it later morning it's so hard this weaning lark she eats the food no bother it's just me worrying when, how much, when to add another meal...bottles are just so easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now