Talk

Advanced search

Terry squares

(6 Posts)
SelinaG Sat 13-Dec-14 12:07:55

Anyone out there use still use nappy pins ?

I have a nearly 3 yr old still in nappies, I'm using terry squares but find nippas work loose so now using pins but have terrible trouble getting them fastened when he won't keep still.

How do others manage, what am I doing wrong :-(

ROARmeow Sat 13-Dec-14 20:46:58

What about the plastic pants which you can fit the terry squares into?

Or the plastic wraps, which fasten at front with Velcro?

I can't link, as I'm on phone, but Fill-Your-Pants is a great site, I got lots there for my DC.

IAmAPaleontologist Sat 13-Dec-14 20:55:28

I just used nippas so I don't know really. I'm guessing you don't want to get new nappies at this stage! I don't know. Ds1 was in terry squares at that age, dd potty trained much earlier. I use pockets with ds2, my terries are so old and threadbare and I did a swap with some outgrown toys and got some pocket outers and I use the terries to stuff them with. If I'm honest, if you don't mind a bit of extra cost then pockets are great. Sellers like this one are decent.

It is so hard when they won't stay still isn't it, I was a whizz at getting a terry on a crawling baby but toddlers who just don't want to have a nappy on are not easy. I'm assuming you have considered potty training or switching to pull ups until potty training happens. You can get cloth pull ups though. I asusme he is just asserting his independence in lovely 3 year old style so some form of choice or illusion of choice is going to be needed. I'd come up with a couple of options you can live with and let him choose.

RandomMess Sat 13-Dec-14 20:56:48

Do you need new nippas as the elasticity in them does go after a while and that could be why they're working loose?

Branleuse Sat 13-Dec-14 21:09:47

you probably need new terries. Sounds like the looping in them is not catching anymore.

Treat yourself to new terries and a new pack of sharp nippas

SelinaG Sun 14-Dec-14 11:48:32

Hi, the terries I have are new so I'm guessing the problem is the way I used nippas.

To be honest pins work well but aren't easy to use on a 3 yr old, next time I'm in Boots I'll get some more nippas and give them another try :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now