Talk

Advanced search

Still bleeding....

(9 Posts)
Steph2468 Thu 11-Dec-14 22:23:45

So I had my baby over 10weeks ago & I'm STILL bleeding! Is this normal? When does it stop? Doc sent me for ultrasound 2weeks ago to check for retained placenta but was nothing there. Has anyone else bled this long or even longer? It's driving me insane & really getting me down!

CoolCat2014 Fri 12-Dec-14 04:29:21

I'm no expert, but I've always heard up to 6 weeks is normal. I think maybe you should go back to your GP.

Hope it stops soon!

Eastpoint Fri 12-Dec-14 05:00:53

Are you doing a lot? I had to walk my dog & didn't rest much so bled a long time. If I were you I'd go back to the Dr.

milkjetmum Fri 12-Dec-14 05:15:00

It was 6 weeks for me both times, lasted a long time but was light (eg always like the last few days of a period). I would ask for tests to see if you have an infection. That would slow down recovery.

On the brighter side my periods totally changed after dd1 to be shorter and lighter which is a bonus.

WishUponAStar88 Fri 12-Dec-14 05:24:31

Are you still sore at all too? My baby is also 10 weeks. I went to the Dr last week as I was still bleeding. I had presumed it was normal to be a bit sore for a while (episiotomy) but he said not and that both soreness and bleeding should be gone by 6 weeks and prescribed a weeks course of antibiotics. He didn't take a swab to check for infection as he said there is a potential for it to get quite serious if untreated so no point waiting four results to come back start treatment. The difference has been amazing tbh, feel much better. Still bleeding a little though so it's another trio to the Dr today!

butterfly86 Fri 12-Dec-14 08:29:54

I bled for 8 weeks after having dd that was after a section I thought I wouldn't bleed as much they told me 2 or 3 weeks but it just went on and on I went to docs but they weren't concerned I started back on the pill 21 days after delivery and thought that would stop it but it didn't. Hopefully you get sorted soon

Seeline Fri 12-Dec-14 09:02:32

I bled for 8 weeks with both mine. I went to the docs the first time, but he said it was quite normal but sent me for scan just to check. I didn't bother the second time. 10 weeks does sound a bit extreme though. Are you feeling well otherwise - no fever or anything? I think I would go back to the GP to make sure there wasn't an infection.

Steph2468 Fri 12-Dec-14 09:08:51

I'm feeling well in general, just this constant bleeding �� it seems to have lightened up lots from yesterday so maybe that's it stopping? I had an infection in my tear so had antibiotic for that & then was on another antibiotic for a womb infection, then again 2weeks later. I'll make an appointment with Dr if I'm still bleeding by next week! Thanks for all your replies x

WishUponAStar88 Fri 12-Dec-14 19:04:40

Just to update ... I went back to the Dr today post course of antibiotics and have been referred for a scan to check for any retained placenta so def worth going back if you're still bleeding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now