Talk

Advanced search

Been a shouty mummy tonight. Oh the guilt:(

(8 Posts)
ChangeYouFucker Wed 10-Dec-14 20:45:17

I feel terrible. I usually have lots of patience and try to use gentle approaches to bedtime.

But not tonightsad

DH gone out and I've been working all day and DD was being a nightmare. I ended up shouting at her and calling her very naughty.

Really shouting.

I hate it when I turn into shouty mummy.

Davinaaddict Wed 10-Dec-14 21:27:28

I could have written your post tonight sad My DH has also gone out & DD is seriously over tired. I had to leave her to cry for a bit, whilst I got a grip. Went back in and we had nice cuddles. She's now snuggled up in our bed. The guilt is horrid sad

soupmaker Wed 10-Dec-14 21:28:14

That'll be because your human. It's really not worth feeling guilty about. Take a deep breath, tomorrow is another day.

puntasticusername Wed 10-Dec-14 21:34:01

Sympathy thanks

We've all been there. Have a wine, relax and forgive yourself. Tomorrow, give your DD a cuddle and say sorry. It does no harm for children to know that Mummy, as well as they, sometimes gets things wrong and has to say sorry. I think it's good behaviour to model for them.

somewhatavoidant Wed 10-Dec-14 21:43:40

If you get it mostly right most of the time, you're doing great. Be proud of yourself & forgive yourself the odd mistake!

ChangeYouFucker Wed 10-Dec-14 22:00:44

Thanks for your comments smile

I hate it when I know I did it wrong.

But beating self up does not help either.

ChangeYouFucker Wed 10-Dec-14 22:01:36

Davina - it sounds like your DC was quiet happy in the end!

Davinaaddict Thu 11-Dec-14 22:35:43

Sorry - I crashed out. I was over tired as well smile She was! Although still being a grump today apparently. Let's hope she sleeps all night tonight. How was today for you? Better I hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now