Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 year old's 'bottom hurts'

(16 Posts)
daisychainmail Wed 10-Dec-14 20:04:14

My 2 year old has had a dodgy tummy for ages now, on and off. Took her to the DR and they didn't think much of it, but she's also tonight been jumping around in pain because her bottom hurts. Literally she was crying and dancing around because of it. I put some sudocrem on and gave her some calpol (didn't know what to do) and she felt better and has gone to sleep. I couldn't see anything on her bottom. This was after she'd done a big poo. Anyone else's kids had this? Anyone got any ideas? She's been doing very smelly farts all week too.

cantreallybebothered Wed 10-Dec-14 20:06:37

If she's had diarrhoea on and off it could just be sore or perhaps a little cut inside?

cantmakecarrotcake Wed 10-Dec-14 20:14:58

If the discomfort is only at night it could be threadworms. DD had them a few weeks back and was beside herself. I wouldn't associate them with a dodgy tummy though.

daisychainmail Wed 10-Dec-14 20:17:44

No, she's only had it once before and it was in the afternoon, again after a dodgy poo. Would I see the worms in her stools?

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 10-Dec-14 20:19:55

I also thought worms. Ds had them and I had a look at his bottom at night and saw a worm emerging (sorry!)

daisychainmail Wed 10-Dec-14 20:22:43

Yuk! My dd is in a growbag which makes it quite hard to look.

puntasticusername Wed 10-Dec-14 21:35:45

Any chance of an anal fissure, or haemorrhoid? Do you see any blood when wiping her bum after a poo?

MissWimpyDimple Wed 10-Dec-14 21:37:59

Mine had this and it ultimately led to a consultant appointment and nothing was found. They suspected worms and I did treat for that. It was likely to be a fissure.

Don't rule out worms though.

EduCated Wed 10-Dec-14 21:47:14

Could it be constipation?

daisychainmail Wed 10-Dec-14 21:55:23

Deffo not constipation as her stools are very loose. I don't see blood and she is still in just turned two so still in nappies (although has done one or two poos in potty). MissWimpy did it heal after you treated for worms?

Other thing I wondered if she was just holding in her wee as a mistake as part of learning to use the potty.

TheCowThatLaughs Thu 11-Dec-14 01:23:16

If it's loose she could still be constipated and having overflow

daisychainmail Thu 11-Dec-14 08:07:32

That's interesting - how would I fix that?

TheCowThatLaughs Thu 11-Dec-14 15:06:21

I'm no expert but I think you would have to have movicol prescribed by a Dr? To get rid of any hard dry faeces that are stuck in the bowel. Hopefully someone a lot more knowledgeable than me will advise you smile

shelfontheelf Thu 11-Dec-14 15:18:24

Constipation? My three year old has this and complains of a sore bottom, either before she does a poo when I think she actually means her stomach and after, because its hard and hurts to push it out (sorry, bit gross).

We haven't gone down the movicol route yet but use calfig pretty successfully, you can get it in the chemists. Might be worth a go?

shelfontheelf Thu 11-Dec-14 15:18:57

Sorry, ignore me, just saw not constipation.

daisychainmail Thu 11-Dec-14 15:46:14

Well, her poos certainly aren't hard. But I guess people are saying there could be an old hard one stuck in there (nice!).

I'll see if the same thing happens tonight, and if so maybe do worming tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now