Talk

Advanced search

Dp conveniently "ill"

(11 Posts)
wheresthelight Tue 09-Dec-14 16:15:21

I have put my back out after slipping in the church yard last night after a carol concert and am in agony. I can barely move but have dragged my ass out of bed and function as I had a job interview.

Dp has had to look after our 16 month old and now he has a headache says he feels ill and cannot concentrate to look after dd. I am fuming as he does this a lot. I do all her care 24/7 as well as looking after his older kids when they are here. and he cannot look after dd for 1 poxy day to give my back a rest.

LegoAdventCalendar Tue 09-Dec-14 16:17:47

Why do women put up with such lazy gits for boyfriends, much less procreate with them?

RandomMess Tue 09-Dec-14 16:20:50

Go out somewhere and leave him to it the next time his dc are with you!

Moln Tue 09-Dec-14 16:23:34

So what is he doing instead?

How has he justified his 'illness' being more of a hindrance on caring for him own child than your back?

worldgonecrazy Tue 09-Dec-14 16:27:51

If he has a headache, why can't he take a pain killer and just get on with it?

wheresthelight Tue 09-Dec-14 16:28:43

He is slobbing out on the sofa whinging.

he is driving me crackers. he works nights and I think the not seeing daylight is starting to effect him. I also think he is depressed but it doesn't excuse the fact that he is being an arse today.

theborrower Wed 10-Dec-14 12:42:34

You have my sympathy, men are just shit at this sometimes, and that's not the sort of thing I'd normally post on here.

We are both ill in my house (terrible colds), except the other day I took the baby out all day because he was feeling so sick, to give him some peace. Apparently he then felt better and went out shopping. It was the same a few days ago, he was such a whining git as we were gettign ready to go out, I took the kids out on my own and told him to stay in as I couldn't stand him. Never mind me, I just have to keep taking meds and power through it. Grrrr.

Sorry, sidetracked there. You have my sympathy. Rant away. I'm not sure of the solution, just get it out on here. Hope you're feeling better soon. And have some cake later x

LegoAdventCalendar Wed 10-Dec-14 12:45:30

'men are just shit at this sometimes, and that's not the sort of thing I'd normally post on here. '

Lazy twats are shit at this sometimes, not men. Stop enabling him. Leave him with his kids. It's not doing you a favour, for a person to look after their own children.

worldgonecrazy Wed 10-Dec-14 13:16:32

lego has a really good point, evidenced by that shitty Boots advert with the two superwomen powering through their bad colds thanks to meds, whilst their poor weak men are laid low with man-flu.

Why the fuck should women be expected to keep going through illness whilst men are softies who have to take to their bed? It makes me really angry that women put up with this shit.

And if the answer is "it's not worth the hassle", what kind of crapness are we accepting from our relationships?

wheresthelight Wed 10-Dec-14 13:57:36

unfortunately I can't just leave him with his kids. there are reasons for this which I can't go into but I have to be here.

he is normally really good IF I tell him what I need him to do. but my late mil was very old fashioned and he was brought up without ever having to lift a finger and then his exw enabled this further. I ask and ask and nag and then yell and slowly he is getting the message that I am not his skivvy. I had an initial interview for a new job this week so he is gonna get a bloody shock if I am successful as he will have to pull his socks up cos I am buggered if I am working 40 hours a week and then doing all the damn housework as well! whilst a sahm I am happy to do the lion share but he is gonna get a real wake up call!! he is also gonna get the bill for someone to do the ironing if he doesn't help cos I flaming hate that job!!

MimiSunshine Wed 10-Dec-14 14:58:44

Hand him painkillers and tell him to grow up. Then go to bed and tell him if he even bothers you with anything other than life threatening then he will regret it.

You need to be consistent, as he's clearly an overgrown baby so don't let him get away with it this time, make him step up every time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now