Talk

Advanced search

6 month old and sleep

(5 Posts)
beckiebee04 Mon 08-Dec-14 05:42:59

I have a6 month old girl, I have been a lucky one and my baby has slept from 7:30pm-8:30am, untill teething hit, then she was up alot, she got first two teeth and she's seems to be ok again, not she's waking at 12 and 5:30, and ive had to feed her to get her off again, also stuck into rocking her and I can't get out of it, somone help as I think ive messed the routine up!!

PrimroseEverdeen Fri 12-Dec-14 18:32:17

Honestly? Just go with it. Waking twice a night is fine at this age. She may well be having a growth spurt. This combined with teething means she will need extra comfort. I.e feeding/rocking. It won't last forever.

blushingmare Fri 12-Dec-14 19:55:21

Sorry, but I think you've probably been spoilt having such a good sleeper at the start! Totally normal waking at that age and 2 night wakings is a good night for us (7mo)!

That's not to say I'm not sympathetic. Any disturbed sleep is a killer. I have to say I just bring DS in bed with me and feed lying down and we all are far less disturbed that way. Just find something like that which helps you survive it!

Gavlarrr Fri 12-Dec-14 22:44:04

I'm feeling jealous of your 2 wakings, DD is 6 months old and seems to be waking every hour or so, not for food but for comfort but it's gone on for about 3 months now and I'm so tired! We have a perfect bedtime routine, she's full up when she goes to bed, I don't understand what's disturbing her! confusedconfused

Serendipity71 Sun 14-Dec-14 20:37:03

sleepbabies.co.uk/html/top-tips.html

This is helpful, we decided to use Sian as a sleep consultant and worked wonders for us... She does home visits in London and Surrey... Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now