Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

At my wits end... AGAIN!

(2 Posts)
PollyP0429 Thu 04-Dec-14 19:56:36

Hi all could really do with some back up.

Got 10 & 1/2 month old DD who is a terrible sleeper and DH who seems to be acting no older than her at the moment. She is still bf and I had no intention of weaning her, was just going to let her stop on her own but I can't deal with the lack of sleep and DH not coping on top of her demands.

My first problem right now is how to deal with the anger. My mum hates the idea of letting a baby cry, and tells me if we choose to do this she'll have to leave (comes round 2 evenings a week). This makes me so angry and brings me to tears everytime I think about this. I don't want to let DD CIO myself but when I've been listening to her screaming in my ear for over an hour straight I want to be able to make my own decisions about what to do without that hanging over my head. On the opposite scale my DH seems content to let DD scream until she would be sick and when he knows how much I detest that idea I become furious with him too. This anger is eating me up and I don't know how to cope with it anymore...

Second problem: we all need more sleep so I'm actually considering night weaning but have no idea how to go about it. Any suggestions? She won't take a bottle but will take a cup. No dummy either. Wakes up 5/6 times a night usually with one of those wake ups being over an hour long. But I only feed her 2/3 times a night. Goes down at half 6ish with a feed (if she doesn't bite me) then wakes up around 10ish for a feed and goes straight back to sleep. Then from about 1am its chaos.

I have a headache now sad

NickyEds Fri 05-Dec-14 15:20:04

You have my sympathies- 5/6 times a night is brutal. If I were you I'd sit down with your dh and formulate a plan together. The No Cry Sleep Solution gets good reviews. We had some success with Shh-pat with our 11 month old who was waking every 90 minutes-2 hours. I think most people use a mixture of methods to suit them. Is your dh generally reasonable?? Maybe you need to view it more as a team?
It's none of your Mum's business. If she's unhappy with whatever you and your dh decide to do then tough. Is she seriously saying that if you do something she doesn't agree with then she's taking her bat and ball in?? She needs to grow up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now