Talk

Advanced search

Severe meltdowns after morning with nanny

(2 Posts)
daisychainmail Tue 02-Dec-14 14:48:07

Sometimes when I pick my DD (2) up after the morning with her (shared) nanny she has an almighty meltdown. Tears, irrational yes/no mind-changing and then crying, ending up delirious and looking like she's having a seizure and can't do anything without setting her off again. I thought she was tired so took her out in the pram but she screamed and went crazy, then back at home didn't want to get out of the pram and tantrummed in it for 10 mins. Then I got her out and put her in her cot and eventually she calmed down. I know nanny leaves DD watching TV for ten mins while she puts the other toddler down for her nap -- I wonder if this is frightening her/triggering it somehow. She seemed happy when I picked her up and when she came home but was hypersensitive about what we did next, if you see what I mean.

Has anyone else experienced this?

She sometimes naps and sometimes doesn't. But she sleeps well at night and is usually fine (i.e. falls asleep easily if tired).

Griffomais Tue 02-Dec-14 15:38:03

Hi Daisy sorry you're having trouble - I would doubt it's anything to Nanny leaving her in front of the TV for 10 mins. It's maybe more to do with getting your attention. My Mum was a Nanny for over 10 years and there was always a pattern like this when parents came to collect their kids. I'm sure it'll work itself out. Does she have all her teeth yet? Maybe back teeth coming in that would upset her a bit. My DD is 1 and if I leave her for a minute or 2 she comes to find me whether the TV is on or not. It must be so upsetting for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now