Talk

Advanced search

Please help - 9 month old spitting food - dreading every mealtime

(2 Posts)
Youcanneverhavetoomanybooks Mon 01-Dec-14 20:14:39

Just that really - I have tried so many things - letting her play with food on the tray, giving her a toy to play with, giving her finger food while I spoon feed her, watching tv during meals, giving her a spoon, eating with her, not eating with her, putting a tissue in front of her mouth every time it looks like she is about to spit, singing to her (kind of worked actually but I can't do it for every meal!), shouting 'no' at her, ignoring the spitting and getting on with it...you get the picture!!!

She used to be lovely to feed - I know, I know this is a stage - my dd1 must have done it too but I just don't remember it and I don't remember it being this bad - she literally covers me in food at every meal and I am so miserable and fed up.

Any advice please, apart from the usual mantra of 'This too shall pass...'

WHEN??? (She wails!)

Festivalqueen1 Mon 01-Dec-14 21:52:46

Does she do it with food she really likes? If not why not just feed her what she loves for a while. It might break the cycle, then reintroduce other foods.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now