Talk

Advanced search

Pants for 9 yr old DS

(12 Posts)
ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 17:23:26

Hi, I'm looking for pants for my DS, I seem to be having trouble finding some for him though, He's 4"4 but he's got chubby thighs and (to be honest) a very big belly, He's got lots of jeans and chinos but none of them will fasten up around his belly, he went to a party yesterday and I had to use 2 safety pins to try and at least half fasten his chinos, one of them broke and im pretty sure some people notcied. Anyway, does anybody know some good places to get some that'll fit comfortably and be the right legnth on him.

addictedtosugar Sun 30-Nov-14 20:22:12

Do you mean trousers??

For underwear, just buy whatever is right for his waist.

For trousers, DS1 has the opposite problem. We have to be very careful in tesco, and have lots of success in H&M. So I'd suggest staying well clear of H&M, and having a look in Tesco.

Have you tried next?

The other choice is to buy as best as you can on waist size, and take the hem up

ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 22:00:43

Thanks for the recomendations, Next don't fit him. Do you know what the waist size goes up to on Tesco trousers ?

FloozeyLoozey Sun 30-Nov-14 22:02:50

Maybe you need to consider that your son's size isn't healthy.

18yearstooold Sun 30-Nov-14 22:03:23

Asda and bhs are quite generous sizes

ElaineFromLondon Sun 30-Nov-14 22:14:27

Unfortunatley, They don't fit either.

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 30-Nov-14 22:44:06

A larger size but with cuffed ankles to stop them dragging on the ground might help.

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 30-Nov-14 22:45:53

I presume you mean Next plus fit and BHS generous fit are too tight? If you haven't tried them, they may be worth a go.

TywysogesGymraeg Sun 30-Nov-14 22:52:29

When you say trousers don't fit, why dont you just buy a bigger pair that do fit? I don't quite understand your problem.
It may mean that you'll have to take them up, but I've been doing that with my own trousers all my life (short legs).

Does your DS have abnormal waist:leg ratio? Or could he do with going on a diet?

myotherusernameisbetter Sun 30-Nov-14 22:52:49

This any use?

www.sturdykids.co.uk/for-boys/jeans-plus-fit.html

ElaineFromLondon Mon 01-Dec-14 17:18:54

TywysogesGymraeg- His legs are fairly short and stocky but then he has a disproportionately big waist line for the pants to fit around.

TywysogesGymraeg Mon 01-Dec-14 23:32:07

Buy trousers to fit his waist and shorten the legs then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now