Talk

Advanced search

Hungrier babies formula

(8 Posts)
GeorgiexXx Sun 30-Nov-14 12:42:16

My DS is 4 weeks old and is formula fed. He seems to want a bottle every 2 hours. Someone mentioned formula which is for hungrier babies and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. Would he then go longer between feeds? Thanks.

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Sun 30-Nov-14 12:44:40

2 hours between feeds is normal at that age.

Hungry baby formula is just harder to digest. I'd rather just feed the baby when he's hungry than give him something he can't digest easily.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 30-Nov-14 12:45:12

No, don't use it. All it does is sit in the stomach longer and messes up feeding schedules. It resulted in dd taking less milk and feeing even more often.

Two hourly is hard work but normal range for a 4 week old baby. it will settle down

GeorgiexXx Sun 30-Nov-14 12:56:24

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if I just had a greedy baby! :-)

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 30-Nov-14 13:03:22

forgot to say congratulations on your ds smileflowers

itwillbecold Sun 30-Nov-14 13:22:59

Congratulations flowers, if he is draining the milk you are offering have you tried increasing the feed?

GeorgiexXx Mon 01-Dec-14 14:45:31

He doesn't always finish a bottle. And last night he fed every 2 hours meaning I got a maximum of 45 minutes of sleep each time. But just been to a weigh in clinic and his growth is on course. Hopefully it'll even itself out.

Chunderella Tue 02-Dec-14 19:45:59

At 4 weeks, it's normal for them to feed pretty often still. I would also try increasing the amount he has in every bottle- you say he doesn't always finish the bottle, which makes it sound like he is doing a lot of the time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now