Talk

Advanced search

Does baby sleeping on side = nappy leaks?

(9 Posts)
Anticyclone Sat 29-Nov-14 20:26:04

Our 3 month old has taken to rolling onto his side against the bars of the cot.

Right around the time he started doing this we started getting nappy leaks midway through the night.

Is this side sleeping the likely cause? Is there anything we can do in terms of the type of nappy? We heard pampers were good for overnight, but they've leaked. We are using little lamb pocket nappies during the day, but not sure how many boosters would be required to go through the night.

Any other ideas? Cheers.

purplemurple1 Sat 29-Nov-14 20:29:13

Mine side slept from birth and no leaks so I don't think so.
We use pampers a size up from normal and do them up very tight, then a vest to hold it in place.

FastWindow Sat 29-Nov-14 20:31:16

Second the nappy type or size to be the problem. What size are you using?

squizita Sat 29-Nov-14 20:37:46

Yep I found if they were long enough but too loose on the thigh there are leaks. Asda and pampers dry are my faves: do them up tight and check the flare out bit round the leg isn't scrunched up.

Anticyclone Sat 29-Nov-14 20:54:13

Hmm OK, so it could well be nappy fitting error causing the problem!

We started on pampers size 2, and when they leaked, tried size 3 (he's about 6.5 kg), and they leaked as well.

Will try making sure they are tighter around the legs.

squizita Sat 29-Nov-14 22:10:22

Too big can leak as well as small. Asda seem to have the best shape regardless of size imo.

stargirl1701 Sat 29-Nov-14 22:13:39

Cloth wise, I would try a Little Lambs bamboo with a Disana wool soaker.

WhyOWhyWouldYou Sat 29-Nov-14 22:15:17

Pampers were rubbish on my tummy sleeper - Aldi Mamia comfort dry are far far more absorbant.

Also as DS was a heavy night wetter I often moved up a size for night only, about 2kg before the lower weight limit of the next size. Just make sure they are done up tight.

purplemurple1 Sun 30-Nov-14 06:17:36

Mine has very chunky legs so that could be why we find pampers ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now