Talk

Advanced search

12 Month Old not eating!

(7 Posts)
TheJourney22 Sat 29-Nov-14 11:57:53

Literally gone from 3 meals a day to ZERO!

Won't touch a thing, the occasional yoghurt & fruit purée.

Have tried everything .... Pouches, Homecooked Stuff, Shit Stuff, finger foods.

This has been 5 weeks now, taking him to be weighed next week & if he's lost weight then HV will take it further.

But DS will firmly shut his mouth at everything, even if I just leave him to it or try & force feed him like a goose getting ready to be fois grois!

Anyone else any experiences of his .... It's driving me effing nuts!!!!! confusedconfused

I've been told NOT to up his milk as this creates a bad habit.

HELP or ride it out ?!?!

kiki0202 Sat 29-Nov-14 12:16:40

My DS had a problem with eating it started about 1 and by 2 he was eating next to nothing. I did up his milk and it did make it worse he just lived off of milk at 2 I stopped giving him milk except night and morning and it helped then when he ditched the bottles at 2.5 he became an eating machine I can't keep up with him now. If I could do it again I wouldn't give him the milk i'd cut it right down.

How much milk does he drink? and is he on cows milk?

TheJourney22 Sat 29-Nov-14 13:55:42

He's not even taking that much milk about 5oz twice a day.

He's on Aptimal 1-2yrs milk.

I've tried cows milk but he turned his nose up at that.

I just don't know what to do & it's stressing me out sad(

wheresthelight Sat 29-Nov-14 18:29:25

dd doing the same - if his back molars are coming through that could be it the issue as dd refused all food when hers started.

dd currently has a nasty virus so is refusing food again. my gp said to give her milk so might be worth a try

purplemurple1 Sat 29-Nov-14 19:30:00

Have you tried calpol before meals? He could be teething.
When mine has phases I carry on with the routine and he still has to sit with us when we eat. He gets a mix of our food, finger foods and things he can spoon feed himself so he can choose how and what he wants to eat. I don't force feed but also don't ler him down until everyone is finished eating. Normally he will eat for something to do.

TheJourney22 Sat 29-Nov-14 21:26:20

Purple I like your style ...... that's the way forward grin

purplemurple1 Sun 30-Nov-14 06:28:49

Almost forgot he also has foraging days where he only wants ro eat food he finds. So we leave rice cakes and raisins on the coffee table.
He does still have to sit through meals though.

Good luck and be prepared for some screaming!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now