Talk

Advanced search

help

(3 Posts)
hallice Wed 26-Nov-14 20:09:45

I am very upset..i have a nearlt three old old and he is cery aggressive..sometime hr become very hyper and throwing toys so on..and i was mosly losing my temper and smaked him in face as i learnd this way from my parents..now.i just discover ge tle parenting and i want to do right things..as ithink when i hit him it just makes him.more angry and wild..i am very worry.if i am.later but i want to fix all and built up a new relationship with him..am i late?? Please any suggeatoon without judge would be helpful...

Festivalqueen1 Wed 26-Nov-14 21:08:50

If you hit him, you are teaching him that hitting is the correct way to behave. Children learn more from our actions than our words.

Gentle parenting is better, read up.online and maybe go to your local children's centre and ask to join a parenting class to get some advice.

Good luck

Optimist1 Wed 26-Nov-14 21:32:29

I'm sure you haven't done irreparable harm, hallice, but the current thinking as outlined by Festivalqueen makes a lot of sense. Do you have a SureStart centre near you? The staff there would be able to help you devise strategies to cope with your little boy, or to point you in the direction of parenting classes that would be helpful. You are a perceptive and wise person to recognise that you need to make some changes, and I'm sure you'll see the benefits before too long.

(If it makes you feel any better, I once slapped my daughter round the face when she was a teenager. I still felt guilty about this many years on, and had a chat with her admitting how I felt it was not my finest parenting hour. She couldn't remember the occasion, even though it was a one-off!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now