Talk

Advanced search

wont have a bath!

(14 Posts)
walkingcontradiction Tue 25-Nov-14 20:52:17

Ds is 3 and a half and suddenly wont get in the bath. Screams. Think he is scared of going down the hole. Has not had a proper bath for 3 weeks! Any advice?

Iggly Tue 25-Nov-14 20:53:01

What about a shower? Or a shower bath?

walkingcontradiction Tue 25-Nov-14 21:03:09

Nope even more screaming! Tried the baby bath too....

idtwinplustoddlermum Tue 25-Nov-14 21:03:25

Try special bubble bath and a little tube of blowable bubbles to play with in the bath, this worked wonders with my 3yo dd when she had a wooble! X

Shadow1986 Tue 25-Nov-14 21:05:04

Have you tried getting in bath with him? My twins have been playing up at bath time recently and I've been getting in and playing games with them and it's definitely helped.

walkingcontradiction Tue 25-Nov-14 21:16:03

Both dc have sensitive skin so not sure about special bubble bath. I suggested me or dp getting in but NO! Blowable bubbles sounds worth a shot.... thanks!

QTPie Tue 25-Nov-14 21:18:47

Would second Shadow.

DS had a very short lived "fear of the bath" at about 12 months (much younger). We solved it by me bathing with him a few times.

Failing that, how about buying a "magic bath plug" (like www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00OKL2OCW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1416950217&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165#). Something that is "magic" and will completely keep him safe ;)

TinyWishes Tue 25-Nov-14 21:23:06

How much do you fill the bath? Maybe let him 'help' turn the taps, put toys in, not too many bubbles so he can see the bottom. Or more bubbles to not see the plug. Coloured bath soap, soap pens, foaming coloured soap? Distraction. Bath books... Music. x

walkingcontradiction Tue 25-Nov-14 22:40:16

Thanks for responses. We dont put much water in the bath nor bubbles.... both dc happily throw toys in add bubbles but he just wont get in! I know it might seem dramatic but do you think a trip to (for example) the health clinic would help? Or trying a bath at a differant time?

TinyWishes Wed 26-Nov-14 21:11:15

Hmmm I am stumped!

Aren't children great! lol!

Why not - won't do any harm and will put your mind at rest.

Another spin... Do you think if you tried reverse psychology on him 'no you don't want a bath!! Let's have a wash! Much quicker! And you can go to bed earlier wouldn't that be lovely'

Lol xx

SweepTheHalls Wed 26-Nov-14 21:14:54

Empty bath playing with a bubble machine sorted us out grin

superram Wed 26-Nov-14 21:17:27

Both of mine went through this stage-they love a bath now.

Panzee Wed 26-Nov-14 21:19:36

Both of mine had screamy baths for a while. We just did them quickly. grin They grew out of it in the end.

Buttercup27 Wed 26-Nov-14 21:20:08

What about trying to get him to play in it with his favourite toys with no water in it ? Or start by just playing in the bathroom and building up to the bath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now