Talk

Advanced search

Nursery for babies...What age did yours start?

(6 Posts)
appletree100 Mon 24-Nov-14 21:07:07

I am going to out my little one into nursery. .. but wanted to see when others have done this (What age was baby) and how did they deal with it. Wondering if 7 months old is too young.

Thank you all xx

TallulahTwinkletoes Mon 24-Nov-14 21:11:09

DD went at about 7 months and was perfectly fine. She developed well. She's three now and perfect.

I just advise you really look into everything about the nursery.

OutDamnSpot Mon 24-Nov-14 21:12:18

My first went fulltime from 7 months and loved it. She's 8 now and seems happy, well adjusted etc.

Not sure dc2 would have been as happy to go at that age. Went from 12 months and was fine though.

sallysimpson Mon 24-Nov-14 21:24:22

I had the same concerns about my DS going at 7months, and he has taken to it brilliantly! By starting at 7months I think he was still young enough to accept me leaving without getting upset and create a relationship with his carers before seperation anxiety kicked in. He eats, sleeps and plays as well as at home. He sometimes has a few tears when I pick him up but I stand and watch for a few minutes before he sees me and he is happily playing! He goes two days a week with a 7am start and although it was initially a necessity rather than a choice (after a change in circumstances) I am now really pleased I have a fantastic childcare setting where he is happy and I am happy to leave him! Not sure why but I felt a little uneasy leaving him with one childminder, none of the ones I interviewed made me feel at ease about leaving him with them. I knew right away when I found the right nursery for him, it costs a little more than a childminder but worth it to me for the setting. I can work knowing he is being looked after and is having fun with all the different toys and people!
Visit as many childcare settings as you can (childminder/nurseries) and you will know when you find one where you can happily leave your DC.
Best of luck!x

Flingingmelon Mon 24-Nov-14 21:52:19

Mine started two afternoons a week at six months and went full time at 13m as I had to go back to work. He has always loved it and we had no separation anxiety problems.

Blankiefan Tue 25-Nov-14 20:58:22

DD was 4 months when she started. Initially 2 days per week, working up to full time by 6 months old.

DD loves nursery and has some lovely relationships with the staff there who have known her since she was so little.

She has really flourished since being there - the staff challenge her in ways I wouldn't have known to (messy play, etc).

She settled really well - always smiles when she gets dropped off. I've seen older children take quite a while to settle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now