Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

What does your baby wear to bed now the cold weather is here?

(17 Posts)
Doesitgetbetter Mon 24-Nov-14 19:58:40

My 10 month old DD wears a onesie and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag. Just wondering if that's enough really or if I should put a short sleeved vest under the onesie also.

What do your little ones wear to bed?

Misty9 Mon 24-Nov-14 20:06:45

My 7 month old is in a vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog bag tonight - but she's possibly too warm. Usually she wears a vest and padded sleepsuit and seems fine.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Mon 24-Nov-14 20:11:41

12 month old DD is also in a onesie and a 2.5 tog sleep suit. According to her gro egg it's still around 19.5 degrees in her room so I don't think she needs any more than that.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Mon 24-Nov-14 20:12:04

I mean a 2.5 tog gro bag, not sleep suit smile

UmmAbdillah Mon 24-Nov-14 20:12:32

My 6mo wears a short sleeved vest, sleep suit and 2.5 tog bag too but yesterday felt too warm and had to change bag for couple of thin bed sheets. I'm generally never confident about the appropriateness of his layers as it's confusing with central heating (and people turning it up and down through the day... Currently at parent's house and nobody seems to ever be in agreement as to the most comfortable temp confused)

UmmAbdillah Mon 24-Nov-14 20:13:54

Reading the above, I think I need to get rid of the vest and keep the gro bag

butterfly86 Mon 24-Nov-14 22:20:16

My 5mo wears a short sleeved vest sleepsuit and 2.5 bag our bedroom gets quite cool overnight we have the heating timed to come on now and again through the night. The odd time she still wakes up cold

ampersandand Tue 25-Nov-14 12:03:15

My 14 week old wears a long sleeved vest, sleepsuit and 2 woolen blankets. He still wakes up with freezing hands and arms but thats due to his immature circulation. His body is nice and toasty. My bedroom drops to around 18℃ at night. Heating goes off at 8pm.

wondermoose13 Tue 25-Nov-14 20:32:30

My ds isnt in a grobag yet but we have just bought some long sleeve vests for when hes in the 2.5 tog, the grobag website has a table for comparing sleeping bags with room temperature and saying what layers they should have, my room is around 18c which gave the above combination on their table.

UmmAbdillah Tue 25-Nov-14 21:20:21

Thanks wondermoose that's really useful!

ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 25-Nov-14 21:23:46

DS (5 wks) - long sleeved vest and sleepsuit, 1tog bag. We have the heating on, but it isnt on high.

TobyLerone Tue 25-Nov-14 21:30:40

Tonight she's wearing long sleeved vest, long sleeved pjs and 2.5 tog sleeping bag. No heating in her room. I've switched from short sleeved vest to long sleeved tonight because she's been cold every time she wakes in the night.

She's 10mo.

I always think that sometimes I'm cold with a 10 tog duvet, pjs on and DH next to me. So I'm never sure how a sleepsuit and 2.5 tog is meant to cut it.

CoolCat2014 Tue 25-Nov-14 21:43:41

10 week old is in babygro and 2.5 tog sleeping bag. If the room dips much below 18 I'll add a vest. She's a warm little thing like her dad and doesn't like having too many layers!

NickyEds Wed 26-Nov-14 10:49:05

My 11 month old is in a long sleeved vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog gro bag. When I go into his room at night (ALL bloody night at the momentsad) it feels quite chilly and I don't think I' like to have my arms out of the duvet but he seems ok-his body's warm but, as others have said his little hands get freezing cold. I'll buy some fleecy sleepsuits if it gets much colder.

cpic Wed 26-Nov-14 15:04:02

my 14month old is in long sleeve vest plus pj trousers plus 2.5tog bag. At 10pm when we go up and the heating has gone off I add a blanket in the colder weather.

Acorncat Wed 26-Nov-14 17:56:43

My 11w old is in a long sleeve vest and sleepsuit, socks and 2.5 tog bag. The room is about 16 degrees.

lornathewizzard Thu 27-Nov-14 16:15:28

Our 4 month old DD is in a sleepsuit and 1 tog growbag. Room is quite warm though, about 20-21. She gets cold hands but dunno how to fix that as she likes to suck her thumb!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now