Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Supporting a family through sexual abuse

(4 Posts)
LovelyBath Fri 21-Nov-14 16:42:23

Can anyone help advise me on this? My friend's child has said the father has touched her :-( she says they have had police and social services round. What could I do to help my friend who is the mum in this situation? I've already offered if she needs any support with the children such as them coming for tea or to play I can do that I obviously wouldn't try and talk to them about it. They are 3 and 9 :-(

melmo26 Fri 21-Nov-14 16:49:54

I'm sorry to hear this about your friends dc. Your offer sounds lovely but she might not feel safe to let them out her sight yet.

All I can suggest is be there for your friend to listen to her/ shoulder to cryon.

I have no other practicle advice but hope someone will be along soon.

Givemecaffeine21 Fri 21-Nov-14 22:14:26

Just be there for her, that's all. Listen, listen, and listen some more. As melmo says, she probably won't want them out of her sight after such a massive breach of trust and it will take a long time to trust again. I do sadly have experience of this type of thing so that is my tuppence worth x

LovelyBath Sat 22-Nov-14 08:41:59

Thanks for your replies, I'll do that. I found a website which might be helpful for her too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now