Talk

Advanced search

Frustrated

(6 Posts)
Ashlinbriyoung Thu 20-Nov-14 14:32:36

I have two children, and I have learnt by my "mistakes" for the second one, i decided my little one wouldn't ve getting any chocolate because really at 8 months there is no need, I have made this so crystal clear, I go away for the weekend and leave kids with a grandparent and I told my parent tell them NO chocolate for the my littlest one, I come home to find she has been given it! I know it's only chocolate but I'm really angry that they knew I said no and they done it anyway! I know they wouldn't do this to there other daughter in law, they would respect her wishes I'm so angry at it my partner see's nothing wrong with it but if it had been my parents doing something he didn't want them doing he would be the same, I'm upset that I missed her first I have never missed a first, I wanted to keep her first chocolate for birthday or Xmas but no they went behind my back and gave her a bar! Am I over reacting? It's not the chocolate it's the fact they knew I didn't want her having any....

Buttercupup Thu 20-Nov-14 18:03:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

socially Thu 20-Nov-14 18:10:03

It's chocolate, not crack.

You need to pick your battles. I doubt they realised it was that important, and thought it would be nice for the baby. If you go crazy over something they were doing that they thought was nice you run the risk of

A) coming across as a nutter

And

B) alienating them completely.

And there have been a few posts about this "firsts" nonsense recently. It is media peddled horseshit and you need to get past it.

LittleBearPad Thu 20-Nov-14 18:13:51

You're being unreasonable. It's a bit of chocolate which she won't remember having.

Griffomais Thu 20-Nov-14 19:21:50

I totally agree OP - I'd be fuming. It's not for anyone other than a parent (even a Grandparent) to decide something like that. There's no need to give chocolate to babies they have plenty time to discover sweets & chocolate. My FIL opened a packet of chocolate buttons and gave them to my daughter when she was 11 months I wasn't happy.

Ashlinbriyoung Thu 20-Nov-14 20:40:11

It's not so much the chocolate it's the lack of respect in my dessicon that has bothered me so much. I wouldn't go about doing something someone said they didn't want me doing. Her firsts are a big deal to me as i didn't think I was going to ever be able to have her so I'm a sucker for all the little firsts,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now