Talk

Advanced search

can anyone recommend a sling?

(9 Posts)
butterfly86 Tue 18-Nov-14 19:11:56

I'm looking for a sling for my 5 month old dd, been going to get one for ages but haven't got round to it a friend gave me one when I was pregnant but it's too complicated to put on. I'm looking for a mid priced one don't want to spend too much incase we don't get along with it, it needs to be easy to fasten on my own and not sure if Im keen on the stretchy type ones. Thanks

Artandco Tue 18-Nov-14 19:14:52

Boba 4g. It's a soft structured sling that buckles closed and lasts newborn- toddler

TheGirlAtTheRockShow Tue 18-Nov-14 19:52:47

Have a look and see if there is a sling library near you - try before you buy!
We have a manduc sling, works well for us. However slings are very personal and what works for one won't necessarily work for another.

Hedgehogging Tue 18-Nov-14 19:56:46

I had a gorgeous Connecta for when DD was very small but I find now (6 months) it's a bit tight around her deliciously chubby legs.

I found a ring sling better once she was able to hold herself up a bit and I could carry her on my hip. Works in cradle hold too mind and I BFd her in it the odd time when she was very wee. I got a Huggababy which was snug and had good support. Definitely doable on your own though it did take a bit of practicing to get used to which bit to pull to tighten the upper versus lower edges.

I've lent mine to someone else now and used that paltry excuse took the opportunity to get a Storkenwiege ring sling which is coming tomorrow. Looks like it might be a bit simpler to do the edge-tightening dance with it so I may be back with updates grin

AnythingNotEverything Tue 18-Nov-14 19:57:02

Tula, Connecta and Rose and Rebellion might be the kind of thing you're after. Soft and supportive (for both of you), but no rings or knots to tie.

Try your local sling library - mine does free drop in sessions and you can rent a carrier for a few weeks to see how you like it.

Poseypops Tue 18-Nov-14 19:59:44

Ergo. I use mine for my nearly 3yo & my 14m old.

butterfly86 Tue 18-Nov-14 20:22:09

Wow thanks for all the responses! Im off to google them... smile there is a local sling library I had thought about going there first so think I'll do that and see which type I prefer before I buy.

fishfingerSarnies Tue 18-Nov-14 20:23:46

Love my ring sling.

qazxc Tue 18-Nov-14 21:45:41

try before you buy. I have several structured carriers gathering dust as I can't get them to fit properly. I thought they would be easier than the wraparound ones. But I found that the easiest and most comfortable for me was a moby stretchy one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now