Talk

Advanced search

Toys for an 18 month old girl - suggestions please!

(6 Posts)
Pocket1 Thu 13-Nov-14 08:54:25

DD is almost 18 months and I feel that she's grown out of her toys - and her bath toys too. Any suggestions for new toys gratefully received! TIA smile

ByTheWishingWell Thu 13-Nov-14 09:00:05

DD will be 16 months at Christmas. We're getting her this bowling set:
www.wickeduncle.co.uk/presents/boys/age-2/monster-bowling-set?source=HpPB
I'm quite looking forward to it myself wink

Does she like mega blocks/ duplo? DD's just getting to grips with putting them together.

PickleMobile Thu 13-Nov-14 09:03:57

Dd is 19 months. She currently loves to play with a shopping trolley and pram, she like to put things in them and push them about.

She still likes her megabloks and wooden blocks. We have bought her some toot toot stuff or christmas and some of the peppa pig play sets.
She has one of those abacus type things where you move the beads on the wiggly metal she loves that and she loves all her books still and sitting in her chair and getting up again!
She loves threading beads/cotton reels and cuddly toys.

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 13-Nov-14 09:07:36

My DS is 19 months (and don't think there is much difference in what they like at this age). My mum recently bought him a box of Duplo which he LOVES. To be honest, my DH and I are also enjoying playing with it, compared to many of his other toys which are dull. Definitely going to buy him more of that for xmas!

Also going to get him a micro scooter - the 3 in 1 one which converts from having a seat, then to a toddler scooter onto a more grown up one. Think he'll get several years out of it.

Other current favourites are cars (again, think girls love cars too!) and his buggy which he pushes around with his bear in it!

MiaowTheCat Thu 13-Nov-14 13:28:17

I have a 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old pair of girls. Big hits in this house:
wooden blocks
happyland (but a relative's kids didn't take to this at all)
cars and trains (toot toot garage and genetic wooden train track of whatever make)
musical instruments (if you can take the pain)
megablocks (bought a load second hand dirt cheap)
play food, tea set etc

Pocket1 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:10:17

Brilliant thanks so much. Loads of great ideas. smilesmilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now