Talk

Advanced search

could anyone recommend good nappies to use at night??

(15 Posts)
chowebella Tue 11-Nov-14 21:22:24

Hi all smile,

My son wees so much at night I'm finding he's waking up around 4am soaked through. I've tried pampers, huggies and so far aldi have been the best but I'm still having to change him a few times a week because he has wet through.

Can anyone recommend a good nappy that will hold all night please? I've tried putting a pad inside his nappy but he's such a restless sleeper it shifts and is not much use. I did think about doubling up but was concerned that maybe this would be uncomfortable for him.

thanks in advance

Only1scoop Tue 11-Nov-14 21:22:57

Did you try pampers baby dry?

CountingThePennies Tue 11-Nov-14 21:24:04

Have u tried going up a size? My dd is 26 pounds in weight but needs size 6 nappies otherwise they leak

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Tue 11-Nov-14 21:24:24

We had this and moved onto full washables.

Assuming that is not for you, the wrap often used with washable nappies might help over the top. We use Little Lamb, and pop it over the top when away from home and using disposables.

Fakebook Tue 11-Nov-14 21:25:02

Best advice someone gave me on here was to go about 2 sizes up from your normal size. DS has been using size 6 nappies since 18m because he wee's so much at night.

I use either the ASDA nappies or Tesco ones, both I find are really good.

itiswhatitiswhatitis Tue 11-Nov-14 21:25:30

Ds2 was like this we used to put a pull up over the top of his nappy. Was the only thing that worked

Jamfilter Tue 11-Nov-14 21:26:48

I find Sainsburys own brand better than pampers for this during the nights.

chowebella Tue 11-Nov-14 21:47:42

I did try pampers baby dry i found them to be worse :/, Thanks so much i think il try a size bigger first because have always found these nappies pretty good. If no joy il look into your other suggestions smile

WhyOWhyWouldYou Tue 11-Nov-14 23:51:08

Aldis are the best I've ever found for a heavy night wetter. We always found going up a size about 2kgs before the minimum weight, just for night time worked. Although we did have some problems once he was in size 6 and we couldn't go up again, it got better again once we dropped the bedtime milk (at 2.25 he started refusing dinner in favour of his bedtime milk, so we stopped it).

WhyOWhyWouldYou Tue 11-Nov-14 23:54:54

Oh and we found if we changed his nappy at the end of his entire bedtime routine, he was less likely to leak than if we changed him during the bedtime routine (he was often doing a big wee, just before bed).

bananapickle84 Wed 12-Nov-14 07:46:52

We are Lidl users and have very rarely had a problem with either our DD or DS.
Definitely worth going up a size if you're still having problems with Aldi (think they're very similar to Lidl) as I know few people who have had problems using them.

blushingmare Wed 12-Nov-14 09:54:52

I've had this with both DCs and the only thing that worked was putting washable nappy and washable wrap over the top of the disposable nappy.

thatwhichwecallarose Wed 12-Nov-14 10:00:19

From conversations with friends, it seems nappy choice can be very dependant on the individual child. But I do agree that whatever brand you use, going up a size is the first thing to try.

curlyclaz13 Wed 12-Nov-14 10:02:33

Naty nature ones work the best for us.

PepsiTwirl Wed 12-Nov-14 21:24:51

Lidl.... Yep!!! Honestly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now