Talk

Advanced search

advice for hungry 8 day old ff baby.

(10 Posts)
mismylinford Tue 11-Nov-14 14:33:01

My 8 day old dd has been ff for 10 days no problems she's been quite happy no reflux no colic. Yesterday and today she's wanted feeding every 2 hours on av and drinking 2-3 oz. We had the same thing with dd1 and changed her to sma hungry baby when she was 12 days old... Not recommend i know but she took to it better and never had and problems with it. We are currently using sma yellow and are thinking we need hungry baby milk again. Opinions please should i try changing to a different brand before going to hungry baby. Dd2 is well and.happy other wise.

butterfly86 Tue 11-Nov-14 14:38:28

My dd fed every 2 hours until she was 8/9 weeks old I didn't change to hungry baby milk as she was quite windy and constipated anyway we just went with it I know it's so tiring but that's how they feed in the early days I knew dd wasn't still hungry as she only took small amounts never took more if I offered it does she take more if you make it?

nottheOP Tue 11-Nov-14 14:43:07

My understanding is to increase the ozs rather than changing to hungry baby milk. Ask your HV or midwife if you've not been signed off yet.

Baby centre suggests that you offer 2.5 ounces of formula per pound of body weight each day.

minipie Tue 11-Nov-14 14:46:00

I wouldn't change the brand or move to hungry baby, I would give her more oz of the same milk.

At 8 days old her stomach is tiny so it's not surprising she needs frequent small feeds. If she is still needing 2 hourly feeds in a couple of weeks then maybe think about making a change then but not this early.

mismylinford Tue 11-Nov-14 16:11:56

I offer 4oz (smallest my perfect prep machine makes) most she's taken is 3oz.

EmbarrassedPossessed Tue 11-Nov-14 16:19:49

That sounds normal for an 2 week old baby tbh. I can't see any need to change the milk - I would imagine she's just growing and wants more milk. As her stomach is still quite tiny that'll mean more frequent small feeds.

mismylinford Tue 11-Nov-14 16:29:00

Thanks for the advice. Ill tell dh to stop whining. Ad the conversation went.. Ill see what mn says before we do anything.

WireCat Tue 11-Nov-14 16:31:33

She's got a tiny tummy. It's totally normal. Congratulations x

Littlef00t Tue 11-Nov-14 20:58:41

Think there's a mini growth spurt at about 6 days. Normal and no need to change milk.

Didyouevah Tue 11-Nov-14 21:01:06

Is she 8 days old or 8 weeks?

Just asking as you say she's been ff for 10 days grin

I'd steer clear of hungry baby milk tbh. Just up the frequency/amount of normal milk. Congratulations x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now