Talk

Advanced search

DS gets stupidly hot when crying

(6 Posts)
feezap Tue 11-Nov-14 13:57:17

My DS runs very very hot, I've had him checked out and all anyone can say is that he is just a hot baby, he's never had a temperature.

Anyhow, this becomes unmanageable when he cries. I don't leave him to cry it out but even in a few short minutes, for example if I go to the toilet, he will start screaming then end up bright red and soaked in sweat. He's a Velcro baby so its hard to cope with, I dress him in cool clothing so he doesn't start off too hot but I cannot stop him crying completely, he's a 10 week old baby. I also don't want to dress him in too little so he's cold just in case he cries.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this and if so, how did you cope? The Dr and health visitor can give me no help. Mumsnet is usually the most help!

Thanks

LittleLionMansMummy Wed 12-Nov-14 08:22:51

Ds is like this and is almost 4. He gets so wound up. Tbh I've gone on the basis that he calms down eventually so it's not like his temperature is raised for long periods and so we live with it. I've just concentrated on calming and soothing techniques to help him calm down quicker. At 10 weeks i just used to hold him and stroke his head.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 12-Nov-14 11:14:34

Ds used to be the same,I didn't unduly panic, just kind of let him get on with it. Some kids are hotter than others, some kids hold their breath when crying, some head bang, they're all different.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 12-Nov-14 11:16:05

I just remembered I used to blow gently in his face when he was very little-worked a treatsmile

elelfrance Wed 12-Nov-14 15:59:57

My LO is like that, gets ridiculously hot & sweaty - but only from her head ! I've taken her temp numerous times when she was freaking out, never higher than 37°...as she's gotten older, and moves more (crawling, cruising etc), she sweats a lot too, so yours might be like that too, just a sweaty baby
I wouldn't worry about it too much, just soothe him as best you can...they cry less often as they get older too, so it'll get easier eventually flowers

feezap Thu 13-Nov-14 22:14:24

Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one and pleased to hear just getting on with it as best possible seems to be the way forward smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now