Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Constant asking

(5 Posts)
Coffeemonster1 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:28:44

Not sure how else to explain it.
DD is 2.2 and constantly wants something, wether it be in the car or at home. It goes something like this....
If at home it's continuous...."I have peppa on, I have more on (everytime the adverts come on - she can't just wait until it comes back on) I have XYZ please"
If we are in the car it's "windows open, windows close, mummy shoes off, mummy wheels on bus, no off (if it's the wrong song) mummy hold hand. Then takes her own shoes off and whinges because she dropped one, mummy shoes gone, mummy do it, waaaaahhhhhh mummy shoooooes - Mummy I get out ( I say no were driving) and it's "please mummy, I get out".....
Just constantly and she never listens to the answer or accepts the answer or listens when I say anything at all. Even if it's yes to her request she continues to ask until it happens....like skipping songs to find the right one, it's like no mummy bus, no no no MUMMMMMYYYYY bus ..until it's comes on.
I don't mind putting peppa on and songs in the car ect but do you think I need to start saying no and ignoring the constant requests or whinging just to break the habit of her constantly nagging for something.

Coolas Mon 10-Nov-14 20:32:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Coffeemonster1 Mon 10-Nov-14 20:33:42

The only reason I haven't been saying no, is because her requests aren't unreasonable, there just constant. So I feel mean saying no just for the sake of it.

Coolas Mon 10-Nov-14 20:40:57

Coolas Mon 10-Nov-14 20:42:17

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now