Talk

Advanced search

When did you let your DC sit in the front seat?

(8 Posts)
Britchic Mon 10-Nov-14 19:17:23

Exactly that…. what age did you let them regularly (i.e. not just if you have too many children in the car) sit in the front?
Thanks very much

CountingThePennies Mon 10-Nov-14 19:18:45

Following as im interested too

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Mon 10-Nov-14 19:20:16

Age 12, or when it's legal for them not to be in a car seat.

www.childcarseats.org.uk/the-law/

Roomsdoom Mon 10-Nov-14 19:20:24

9 almost 10 occasionally.
Don't think I would let it be regular til he doesn't require a car seat at all.

LizzieMint Mon 10-Nov-14 19:21:30

Haven't done it yet, my oldest is 8. Quite a few of her school friends do though, it seems reasonably common at this sort of age. I don't intend to until they can sit in an adult seat without a booster, so around 11/12.

gazzalw Mon 10-Nov-14 19:23:05

Well we don't have a car but only just allow DS (13) to sit in the front seat of friends/relatives' cars....

Shahrazad Mon 10-Nov-14 21:03:18

Since they both got nearly as tall as me, which was about 12 for DD1 and 10 for DD2 (who at 11 is 166 cm tall!) And that was only because I have a very small car, and they could no longer fit in the back seat behind me without me crushing their long legs.

ChippingInAutumnLover Mon 10-Nov-14 21:09:33

I was at a meeting a while ago and there were two policemen doing their bit, this question came up and they both said that if you can turn your airbags off it's the second safest seat in the car.

Partly down to the manufacturing but also something to do with how the driver reacts in an accident, the way you naturally turn from an accident.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now