Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime stories and cots

(6 Posts)
Sleepyhoglet Mon 10-Nov-14 00:02:16

So my dd isn't actually born yet but tonight when I was wandering round what will be her nursery I had a thought. Say you want to read a bedtime story to her when she is 2-3vyears and still in the cot (would she be) how do you to that? I mean it isn't very cosy with the bars or the side of the cot.

BackforGood Mon 10-Nov-14 00:12:31

I used to sit mine on my lap on a comfy chair, then kiss them goodnight, put them in the cot and then sings a couple of songs then leave them. I wouldn't try and read 'thru the bars' as it were.

Mine all came out of cot at around 2 yrs.

smile

EmbarrassedPossessed Mon 10-Nov-14 00:14:14

She might not still be in a cot at 2 to 3 yrs, although some still are. We do bedtime stories downstairs and then go up to bed (which is still a cot bed), so there's no need to try and cuddle through the bars!

BertieBotts Mon 10-Nov-14 00:14:34

They grow out of a cot at about 2 IME. Cotbeds later but you turn them into toddler beds anyway.

You can snuggle in a nice chair downstairs or in the bedroom (if you have spare money one of those glider chairs is the nicest thing I ever had when DS was tiny. Sadly it belonged to a rental house I lived in and we couldn't take it!)

arseyfarcey Mon 10-Nov-14 00:15:20

I read next to the cot sat on floor, holding the book up for pictures.

Sleepyfergus Mon 10-Nov-14 00:18:45

We do stories either in a comfy chair in her room, or sitting on the floor at the radiator with big floor cushions. Bedtime stories aren't always cuddly, sometimes dd2 is back and forth to the book shelf!! But once the last story is done, kiss and a cuddle and I pop her into the cot.

She is 2.4 months and although getting big for her cot, she likes it and has not tried to climb out. The minute she does, it's time to get a bed. I think she likes the coziness of it. Dd1 was a diff kettle of fish, out by aged 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now