Talk

Advanced search

Changing mat

(8 Posts)
Lottiebryant Fri 07-Nov-14 18:02:08

Odd question but do I need a changing mat or unit for a almost 2yo that's still in nappies or is a towel suffice on bed?

BlueberryWafer Fri 07-Nov-14 18:04:10

I'd say a towel will be fine, but I don't think I've ever used a changing mat for ds. Whatever you're most comfortable with!

OfficeNewGirl Fri 07-Nov-14 18:05:26

Depends if he has tendency to wee when being changed.

Lottiebryant Fri 07-Nov-14 18:07:15

Its a girl that we are caring for but did not know if I should buy one or not. I think a unit will be too small for their head etc. thx!

OfficeNewGirl Fri 07-Nov-14 18:14:23

If you know that they never wee when being changed then i would just use a towel, but if they do wee on the towel it will soak right through your duvet which could be a pain to wash.

Also if they have a poo and you got some on the changing mat, you coukd just wipe it, where as with a towel it will need washing.

Littlef00t Fri 07-Nov-14 18:21:08

You'll presumably need a changing bag for when you're out and about so just use the mat included in that. Boots do one free if you buy a pack of their newborn nappies.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 07-Nov-14 18:22:59

IKEA do a large plastic backed changing sheet that folds up small. It can be bunged in the washing machine too. Id recommend that (for inside and outside the house)

Lottiebryant Sat 08-Nov-14 07:04:56

Thanks for the suggestions, will go with a folding/travel mat I think. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now