Talk

Advanced search

Wellies

(4 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Thu 06-Nov-14 15:59:33

How old we're your dc when they started wearing Wellies? Or how long had they been walking? Ds is 17 m and just refusing to move in them. He walks fine in shoes and trainers. I've tried normal Wellies and snow boots but he refuses to even take a step!

MrsBP Thu 06-Nov-14 18:51:04

My dd is 17 months and I got her wellies about a month ago - so walking for 3 months maybe before that? In the shop she did not move for a few minutes and it took her a while to accustom at home too. Are the wellies a good fit? Maybe pop them on at home a bit and see what happens - toddlers standing still for 5 mins is scary but could have benefits!

SweetPeaPods Thu 06-Nov-14 18:54:31

Yeah they fitted well. Tried a few pairs now.
Might get a pair to wear at home and see how we get on. I just don't want to discourage him from walking probably over analysing

soupmaker Thu 06-Nov-14 19:22:31

DD2 has been in wellies since about 14 months. Needs two pairs of socks in them. She was a bit unsteady and then made off in them. I'd just bung them on and let him get used to them. Put food a few steps away that might help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now