Talk

Advanced search

Onesie extenders?

(5 Posts)
porgie80 Wed 05-Nov-14 13:14:51

Probably not the right place- but buying my DS's clothes in a size up and I was wondering if anyone uses onesie extenders? Do they work? How much more wear out of something will it give me?

Sleepsuits and bodysuits are expensive so if they are any good i'm going to invest so I can spend the money I would on cute outfits for him

RaspberryBlonde Wed 05-Nov-14 13:43:03

I used extenders on bodysuits and vests. They're basically just a strip of material with poppers. They were generally good although we did come across a couple of vests where the poppers were different and we couldn't fasten them.

It might depend on the size of your baby though, we just needed them to stretch over cloth nappies but if you have a chubby baby you might find that the chest gets tight before they outgrow the vests lengthways.

The ones we had wouldn't work on sleep suits.

bananapickle84 Wed 05-Nov-14 21:25:04

We are using them for our DS at the moment as his torso is ridiculously long! The next size vests are too big on the shoulders so it means everything fits better for longer so worth buying them as the extenders aren't very expensive.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Wed 05-Nov-14 21:28:07

They wouldn't work on sleep suits. They'll really only help if your baby is growing out of sizes because he's long (so chest, arm length, shoulders, etc still has lots of room) or you need to go over bulkier cloth nappies.

TheGirlAtTheRockShow Thu 06-Nov-14 01:13:46

We use vest extenders to go over cloth nappies. Work well.
I wish there was something to extend the torso of onesies, as they get tight over nappies too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now