Talk

Advanced search

3 week old- this is normal right??

(5 Posts)
RainbowInACloud Wed 05-Nov-14 11:36:56

This is DC3 but it's amazing how I've blocked out forgotten what they were like and what to do.
DS is chilled out in the day- bit of a snacky feeder and likes to be held but I can handle that. He settles in the evening around 10pm then will have 2 1/2 hours sleep roughly. From then on it goes a bit wrong and we basically feed/ nap/ try to settle (co-sleeping) until 7 ish. Each sleep is no longer than an hour so I am shattered. DH back to work next week and I will have to do school run and look after toddler.
This will pass won't it??? When?? DS also won't settle in Moses basket at all and sleeps on my chest or next to me but I'd like to get him in the basket soonish.
Just tell me it's all normal (or give me tips on how to improve things!)

BertieBotts Wed 05-Nov-14 11:41:34

Yes it will get better! smile The first 6 weeks of BF are "boot camp" remember, when it's all much harder than bottle feeding would be, but after 6 weeks it sort of evens out and then somehow becomes easier.

Do you have a sling for the school run?

Have you thought about converting your cot into a cosleeper cot? Then you can scoot him into his own space when he's finished feeding.

And sleep whenever you can. Like, go to bed before 10, get DH to bring baby to you for the 10.30 feed and then you sleep through until he wakes again.

LadyLuck81 Wed 05-Nov-14 11:49:26

Yes it will improve! I'm at 3 weeks too and he's co-sleeping and feeding lots with the added fun of a cold for good measure. We just need to ride it out.

I agree about the co sleeper. We have one and he will go in it about half the time when he's not snotty. It just gives me some extra room.

RainbowInACloud Wed 05-Nov-14 11:56:29

Thanks everyone. I do rationally know it's all normal but I have a tendency to think I'm doing something wrong. And everyone I know with a small baby seems tobe in some kind of amazing routine already.

Elllimam Wed 05-Nov-14 13:00:49

Normal for my two, think it started resolving around 3/4 weeks xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now