Talk

Advanced search

Baby sleeping at 4 months

(6 Posts)
Lisa19841 Tue 04-Nov-14 11:02:18

My baby boy slept really well in his Moses basket on a regular basis he would sleep through the night and settle down at 9pm. The past couple of weeks he started to wake his self up from hitting his arms on Moses. So me and my partner decided it's time to move him to his cot in his own room. We have been trying the past week to get him to settle but he won't settle in his cot, I have left him moaning and not gone to him until he cries so he will settle his self but that's not working. As soon as I comfort him with cuddle he's sound asleep on me so I put him down but he wakes every hour or so. I've brought a night light because I thought that maybe he don't like being on his own and in the dark but that hasn't helped either. Please help me with any tips. Should I get a space saving cot and keep him in our room? I'm stuck for ideas please help a first time confused mummy. smile

TheGirlAtTheRockShow Tue 04-Nov-14 12:34:19

We moved DD to her own cot gradually starting with day time naps. By the time she needed to go in there overnight she'd had a few weeks napping in the cot. Bit late for you if he's already outgrown Moses basket though!
I also found putting a muslin or t shirt that smelt of me in with her helped. I tied it around bars so she couldn't smother herself.
He will get used to it, but maybe a few sleepless nights till he does.
If you can fit cot in your room that would be best as SIDS advice is in your room till 6 months. We couldnt though.

Littlef00t Tue 04-Nov-14 14:10:53

Well you could try a travel cot if you think it would help to be in with you, but you might find that he's just hit 4 month sleep regression at the same time and the waking is due to that.

DoughnutSelfie Tue 04-Nov-14 15:17:57

Are you sure he's not waking for a feed?

purplemurple1 Tue 04-Nov-14 15:55:10

We put the radio on quietly in his room (it plays wave sounds at night) which helped.

Mummytobe81 Tue 04-Nov-14 20:08:51

We made a small 'nest' of rolled up blankets to surround and snuggle ds and he settled down in his x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now