Talk

Advanced search

teething horror

(12 Posts)
wheresthelight Sun 02-Nov-14 21:50:41

please tell me that the whinging crying tantrum throwing sleep refusing demon that has replaced my formally happy go lucky 14 month old will end soon!!!

she is producing teeth at a rate of knots including 3 of the side molars with 1 starting to come as well as 4 incisors all at the same time. I have gone through gallons of calpol, Nurofen, nelsons powders and dentinox gel and nothing is helping her. ambersol is out of stock everywhere and according to the pharmacist there is a manufacturer issue and no one can get it either so it's a case of finding someone who has some stock left and nowhere near me has any, the lovely lady is sainsbury even rang the ones in the next city for me to see if she could get some as dd was throwing a beaut of a strop.

Littlef00t Mon 03-Nov-14 10:09:28

Boots online has the liquid?

wheresthelight Mon 03-Nov-14 10:13:54

when you go to the checkout it says unavailable, I tried that last week!

I miss my happy baby!

QTPie Mon 03-Nov-14 12:30:32

It varies, they are all different.

DS didn't tantrum (well he tried it, I ignored it, he realised that it wasn't worth bothering after a few attempts...), but was a grizzly grump and had disturbed sleep for about 6 months. Basically until 13 months he reliably slept through, 13 to 19 months he had disturbed sleep with regular wakings, immediately before 19 months he cut his last tooth (well the second set of molars come later) and then he immediately started sleeping through again.

The way we kept sane was to keep a spare mattress, duvet and pillow next to his cot. When he woke (virtually every night), we would take it in turns (each do a night) to go and lie next to him, he his had through the bars, shush and try to sleep/doze ourselves. It was enough to keep everyone sane. If DS fell deeply asleep (before I did), I would sneak back to my own bed.

So it lasted a while for us (6 months), but it was bearable.

Fifibluebell Mon 03-Nov-14 12:38:27

You have my sympathy my DS was the same all teeth seemed to come at once, ambersol worked for him and we had trouble finding that for the same reason the pharmacist has given you and that was over a year and a half ago! Try smaller or independent pharmacies rather than boots

wheresthelight Mon 03-Nov-14 12:49:03

have done fifi! boots online was a last resort.

what is it with medicine that works sudden suffering a manufacturer issue - first karvol capsules and now ambersol grrrr

Fifibluebell Mon 03-Nov-14 12:54:57

Lloyd's pharmacy online has the liquid in stock

Gerty1002 Tue 04-Nov-14 09:33:07

I feel your pain. I came on to write an almost identical post before I saw yours. 14mo, 6 teeth cutting incl molars. He also has a viral infection which hasn't helped. He is usually such a happy baby, always laughing.

My problem is I can't give him anything with lidocaine in (bonjela etc) as it reacts with an unrelated medication he's on.

Hope your LO feels better soon.

wheresthelight Tue 04-Nov-14 09:43:22

Oh gerty that's awful!! I have to be really careful with calpol and calpol type products as dd is allergic to the stuff that makes it pink and strawberry juice but trying to get it without the strawberry flavour is impossible!!!

Gerty1002 Tue 04-Nov-14 13:41:10

Oh that sounds like a pain. Can ypur GP prescribe a special kind?

Gerty1002 Tue 04-Nov-14 13:41:22

your*

Littlef00t Wed 05-Nov-14 20:47:34

Just got the anbesol from boots, well the order was accepted online, hopefully picking up tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now