Talk

Advanced search

I feel like a single parent

(8 Posts)
090912 Sun 02-Nov-14 09:45:55

I feel like a single parent. I do absolutely everything to do with my daughter, who is 2 and everything in the house etc. I never get to do anything because my partner does things with his friends most nights so I have to stay in and at weekends hegira to watch the football and then stays out till gone midnight. Last night when became home and woke me up I asked for the first time in a long time if he would get up with our daughter, he said yes. When she woke up I woke him and said she's awake, he said I didn't give him enough notice and it wasn't fair because he had a late night so he wouldn't get up with her. I think it's all just hit me this morning that I do everything alone. He has only recently started playing with her, by playing I mean he will tickle her for a few minutes and thinks that's his job done.
I'm so fed up and very teary this morning. I feel like just walking out. He never let's me know his plans and he ignores me calls and texts for hours

Sorry about the rant but I guess what I want to know is does anyone else's OH help them at all? X sad

hesterton Sun 02-Nov-14 09:48:07

He sounds appalling. I do think you would be justified in asking him to stay elsewhere while you decide if there is any benefit to your dc or yourself continuing to be with him.

hesterton Sun 02-Nov-14 09:49:50

And sorry but to answer your question, most dps would offer more help than this. His behaviour across the board from your description is extreme.

Squeegle Sun 02-Nov-14 09:50:08

He does sound completely selfish and unsupportive. What are his good points? How long have you been together?

Millie3030 Sun 02-Nov-14 09:53:42

Oh dear OP, you do seem sad, and I don't blame you sounds like you are doing all the parenting by yourself. Might need to know a bit more about the situation, are you two happy/in love generally and it's just the parenting thing that bothers you? If he is out most nights and not coming home until midnight it doesn't sound like you have much of a relationship anyway? What happens on a Sunday when it sounds like you are all together?

090912 Sun 02-Nov-14 09:57:05

On a Sunday he will sit on his laptop playing football manager all day while I entertain out daughter and do stuff in the house. He's having the next two weeks off work as annual leave but ive still got to take our daughter to his mums while I'm at work because he says he is going to decorate so he won't look after her even though he's off work for two weeks

Floundering Sun 02-Nov-14 10:00:13

And why are you still with this loser??

Why are you putting up with this?

Y9ou are NOT a single parent, but TBH you'd be better off if you were as you could organise your life & childcare better to gie yourself a break.

I think he is what MN would call a cocklodger you are getting nothing out of this relationship.

Whereisegg Sun 02-Nov-14 10:58:41

He can take your dd to his mums, along with his bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now