Talk

Advanced search

I watched Frozen for the first time today and

(27 Posts)
MJP1 Sun 26-Oct-14 20:22:52

I am really surprised about all the fuss about it ( yes it was ok but no Lion King) And Anna is so much cooler than Elsa, I don't get it ? Why all the fuss, I've just had a nightmare trying to get the Elsa doll for my niece and if I'd have known I would have bought her Anna.

But hey what do I know eh ?

dameagatha Sun 26-Oct-14 20:26:53

We've just watched it for the first time this weekend too! DS1 is only 2 & has the attention span of a gnat (unsurprisingly), so it took 3 sessions! I loved it! Thought it was sad/funny/scary enough in all the right places.
I'm probably lucky in not having a daughter that I won't have to watch it on loop now forevermore grin

MJP1 Sun 26-Oct-14 20:30:31

My hyper /poorly 20 month old wasn't interested but I watched it, it was good loved the songs it just that I thought Anna was great and Elsa was moody

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 26-Oct-14 20:32:07

Anna is far superior to Elsa, I agree. Thankfully DD agrees with me too. However she has a soft spot for Prince Hans whereas I would prefer her to like a Good Guy such as Kristoff. Hope that penchant for a bastard ends with her toddlerhood.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 26-Oct-14 20:32:48

Have you seen Tangled, OP? That is a bloody marvellous movie.

lougle Sun 26-Oct-14 20:33:31

Else wasn't moody. She was sad because to keep people safe she had to be hidden away from her sister and her people.

I love Frozen, which is saying something because I don't normally have the patience for kids' animations.

PrincessOfChina Sun 26-Oct-14 20:33:37

Anna's a bit thick really. Agreeing to marry a man she's just met? When she doesn't even know his name.

Elsa is doing things her own way.

lougle Sun 26-Oct-14 20:33:45

Elsa*

QuickQuickSloe Sun 26-Oct-14 20:35:57

Don't count on it dameagatha I have watched this bloody film approx three times a week since it came out on DVD while my three year old DS sings along!

Smartiepants79 Sun 26-Oct-14 20:36:16

Elsa can do magic !

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 26-Oct-14 20:37:38

Princess they all do that though, the Disney ladies. Daft really. She does get her cumuppance in that respect though, of course, it nearly kills her.

PrincessOfChina Sun 26-Oct-14 20:40:39

That's why I think Elsa is so much stronger. She's not the typical Disney heroine.

I agree though, Rapunzel is much better. And Merida in Brave.

Iggly Sun 26-Oct-14 21:05:20

Yes to Tangled

Love it more than frozen.

Doodledot Mon 27-Oct-14 12:25:51

We are on about our 100th viewing. Entire nursery and reception classes obsessed with it for a year now. It infiltrates the brains of under 5s

curiousgeorgie Mon 27-Oct-14 12:34:16

I really like it... My 4 year old DD is utterly obsessed with it.

But I'm with you, there are better Disney films.

Tangled is so sad!!

kiki0202 Mon 27-Oct-14 18:56:43

I loved Brave but also love frozen it has such good songs.

MiaowTheCat Mon 27-Oct-14 19:58:22

We had a minor issue after watching Tangled... involving the frying pan from the play kitchen and sibling rivalry.

Frozen is DD1's obsession (and DD2 had "legiitgo" among her first words as a consequence) - currently the game of the week involves sitting on the other side of the lounge door to the rest of us and murdering Do You Wanna Build A Snowman all day long.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Wed 29-Oct-14 22:24:30

I saw it for the first time yesteady and didn't get it, either.

juneybean Wed 29-Oct-14 22:25:45

My two boys love frozen on a loop. It's not just for girls.

The3Bears Wed 29-Oct-14 22:27:28

Me and 2yo ds prefer Tangled, he went through a phase of enjoying frozen because of all the songs but I could watch Tangled over and over again I love it! grin

Cherryjellybean Thu 30-Oct-14 07:35:44

It took me a few times watching it to like frozen. I kept finding faults the first few times. Tangled is ace!
And my daughter loves Anna too smile

Hurr1cane Thu 30-Oct-14 07:44:34

Another here with a son who watches frozen on loop and makes me play the songs in the car, and demanded an elsa doll.

It's not just for girls.

WhoKnowsWhereTheSlimeGoes Thu 30-Oct-14 07:50:55

I thought Tangled and Brave were both pretty dire so there's not much hope for me with Frozen. The DCs have watched it a couple of times but I've managed to avoid it so far.

merrymouse Thu 30-Oct-14 07:58:01

Well if you think about it cabbage patch dolls weren't that great and the buzz lightyear toy doesn't do an awful lot and bits of starwars are very so so.

Sometimes the hype around toys and films takes on a life of its own. I agree Frozen is good but not thaaaat good. But it has turned into a craze. Crazes don't have to make sense. Who knew elastic band bracelets would be so popular?

PrincessAnnaOfArundale Thu 30-Oct-14 19:02:19

Well I love frozen!!! I love Anna more than Elsa but I can see why Elsa was such a moody bitch.

The film doesn't quite have the magic that Tangled had. There's something really beautiful about that film. Just the way it's made. Every single shot is lie a moving oil painting. It's stunning.

Brave didn't really do it for me I'm afraid although Merida did have very cool hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now