Talk

Advanced search

Baby can't get comfortable

(7 Posts)
Ilovebrie Tue 07-Oct-14 21:08:36

My baby's 9 weeks old and, like many babies, doesn't like being put down. But she also doesn't like sleeping on me and can't seem to get comfortable when I'm holding her.

If I put her on my shoulder or chest, she beats her head on me and screams. If I try a sling, she struggles and freaks out to the point of throwing up. She won't lie on my lap, she won't be rocked in my arms. The only time she naps is if I breast feed her to sleep and leave my boob in her mouth like I'm a giant human shaped dummy.

What am I missing? Is there a magic baby sleep position I can try?! When she was little she'd rest her head on my chest but now she goes nuts if I try and I don't know what to do anymore.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Tue 07-Oct-14 21:09:44

Maybe she needs the suckling? Id try a dummy.

CobbOnn Tue 07-Oct-14 21:15:04

Sounds like me and my LO for the first 6 months, till he could roll over and we realised he was a belly sleeper.

I'm thinking that next time round, will have Moses basket with me, and try baby on their front.

Although dummy sounds worth a try (worked for a little bit with us)

Ilovebrie Tue 07-Oct-14 21:55:17

Yeah the dummy helps her sleep at night but during the day she gags dramatically and spits it out 90% of the time. I guess I just need to accept that my adorable baby is part-demon.

kiki0202 Tue 07-Oct-14 22:16:57

A poddlepod maybe? DS slept on my grans large cushion for months after I begged to take it home when he slept on it he liked the snuggle it think

Taniamz83 Mon 15-Dec-14 16:46:09

My baby is exactly the same, can't get comfortable anywhere

Addictedtohotbaths Wed 17-Dec-14 21:36:46

Try a cocconababy if you can afford it, they are brilliant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now