Talk

Advanced search

What do your babies wear in a 1 tog sleep sac at 21C+?

(6 Posts)
redcarrot1 Wed 02-Apr-14 09:50:06

Complete novice here. It got to 21C in my room so I've purchased a 1 tog sleep sac but then I realized I have no idea what they should wear underneath. Babygro and short sleeved vest?

mummyxtwo Wed 02-Apr-14 12:34:33

21 is pretty warm so I think you'd only need a sleepsuit and not bother with the vest. It's been a while since we've experienced 21 degrees though, so my memory is a little hazy! I think Grobag give recommendations on how many layers you need as well as togs? Might be worth googling. Your lo won't get cold at 21 degrees in just a sleepsuit though, but might overheat in more layers.

puntasticusername Wed 02-Apr-14 19:11:04

21-22 degrees, I usually do just sleepsuit + 1 tog gro bag. Any hotter than that, just long-sleeve vest + gro bag.

It's true, babies don't seem to feel the cold that badly (or mine doesn't anyway) - I got in a muddle and put him down in a 1 tog bag thinking it was a 2.5 tog bag. In January. Oops. (he had vest and sleepsuit on underneath so he was fine, he slept straight through as normal).

TrixieLox Wed 02-Apr-14 21:04:56

Long sleeved vest top (so nothing on legs). That's according to the official Grobag guidelines (google them). But I get worried as sometimes the temp dips to 20 or 19 in the night and then what? Arghhhh, minefield!

neversleepagain Wed 02-Apr-14 21:13:16

Does the room stay at 21 degrees all night. Our babies bedroom is currently 20 degrees and they are in a 2.5 tog bag, short vest and babygrow.

toomuchtooold Wed 02-Apr-14 22:14:21

I find that they sleep well with whatever grobag recommend for the next coldest temperature e.g. whatever they say for 19 degrees, that's fine for 20 etc. Probably because the room gets colder as the night goes on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now