Talk

Advanced search

Do babies (newborn) sweat?

(6 Posts)
Charingcrossbun Mon 31-Mar-14 19:16:47

My DS is 7days old and sometimes we've noticed he gets a slightly damp back when he's been in the Moses basket. Could he be too hot and sweating? Or is this dribble making it's way down (it doesn't stain a white babygro so can't be pee, poo or vomit) I seem to remember being told babies can't regulate their temperature which I took to mean couldn't sweat. He is alert and happy and we have room thermometer & a monitor which would tell if things were too hot for him but you know what it's like I can't help but worry! wink

mrssmith79 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:26:21

They do. Have you checked as if it's only when he's in his moses basket there may be a waterproof mattress protector or similar under him causing it. And congrats on your new baby!!

Charingcrossbun Mon 31-Mar-14 20:12:04

Thank you. Have checked and it's when he's in his chair. It's a domo baby chair - like a bean bag you can strap them to- and he seems to love it! Is there anything I could do...

Charingcrossbun Mon 31-Mar-14 20:13:30

Thank you. Have checked and it's when he's in his chair. It's a domo baby chair - like a bean bag you can strap them to- and he seems to love it! Is there anything I could do...

DirtyDancing Mon 31-Mar-14 23:07:08

A damp back is a sign they are too hot. Also damp hair too sometimes. How warm is your home? What are you dressing your baby in, and how many blankets?

For example, 19 degrees is a good temperature, with a vest, baby grow and 2 layers of celular blankets. If you fold a blanket in half that counts as the two layers.

Charingcrossbun Tue 01-Apr-14 01:55:56

Ah! That's it! Thanks dirty we have the room at 19 a vest and baby gro but we fold the blanket lots to make it fit! NNever occurred to me. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now