Talk

Advanced search

Cloth Nappies for 3 year old - Help! I haven't got a clue

(6 Posts)
Toastmonster Mon 31-Mar-14 12:31:36

My son is 3 and is slowly getting used to potty training after a few problems. He's still not that reliable so I'm thinking would a cloth nappy help him feel wet but not as wet as pants! He never feels wet in a disposable which I feel is part of the problem. I'm thinking of some sort of pull down waterproof wrap if they exist, with a insert?! So to look and feel more like pants but not a nappy. Haven't a clue about these nappies so any advice welcomed.

Toastmonster Mon 31-Mar-14 12:32:29

Forgot to say, I've tried training pants but not absorbent enough.

NorthEasterlyGale Mon 31-Mar-14 12:39:01

I've got these to try with my DS1 when the time comes...

Reusable Training Pants

Lovestoquilt Mon 31-Mar-14 13:13:34

Hi, try The Nappy Lady. If you give her (Wendy) a call, she'll know what to advise. She helped me choose cloth nappies for my baby and what she doesn't know about cloth isn't worth knowing. Hope that helps.

Toastmonster Mon 31-Mar-14 13:33:16

They look perfect! Just what I had in mind. Excuse my thickness, but do you wash the whole thing? Or wash inserts? Or have disposable inserts?

NorthEasterlyGale Mon 31-Mar-14 20:04:39

I'd pop the whole thing through the wash as required as it's all reusable and washable.

For example, we use cloth nappies and they consist of a liner, a booster, the nappy and 'plastic' pants. The liner, booster and nappy are all changed at every nappy change but the 'plastic' pants will usually only be changed daily (assuming no poo leaks, which are very rare) and that's my choice; they could last longer between washes.

I plan to do the same with these training pants; inserts changed and put in the wash as required (I've bought some spare ones as well as the ones they come with) and the outer pant parts will be washed daily (assuming no poo on them - but even that can often be resolved with careful use of a wipe!). I think I bought three sets (not sure - haven't looked for a while) on the basis of one outer being worn, one in the wash and one drying. No idea whether that's too many or what - time will tell grin

You can get disposable liners for cloth nappies that I reckon you could use in these over the cloth inserts if you wanted to try it, to deal with any poo.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now