Talk

Advanced search

should i talk with the teacher? DS coming home with wet pants?

(11 Posts)
mrsstardust Sun 30-Mar-14 17:02:02

Thursday and Friday last week he had an accident at school but didn't tell anyone so he spent the day in wet pants. on Monday should i inform his teacher to keep an eye on him or leave it?

insancerre Sun 30-Mar-14 17:25:06

I would mention it to the teacher but you should also make sure your ds knows that he has to tell someone when he needs the toilet
if he doesnt tell anyone then how are they go know?
how is he generally with the staff? or is this part of a bigger picture

PirateJones Sun 30-Mar-14 18:47:19

I'd mention it, i would also find out why he has stopped going to the toilet. What does he say when you ask him about it?

MrsBongleChops Sun 30-Mar-14 18:54:36

How old is DS? My DS needed reminding. He was terrified to ask to go. Luckily school gave them lots of times and reminders to go to the toilet. I found that he got given the opportunity to go, but he often felt he didn't need to go - so didn't, then he'd wet himself in the car on the way home (age 4/5). I mentioned this to school and they told him to go at certain times. I've said a zillion times whenever you have the opportunity go to the toilet - something will always come out! My DS still hates the toilets and would never do a poo at school.

mrsstardust Sun 30-Mar-14 19:51:21

He's just turned 5. i did ask why he didn't ask but he just says he "dont know".

odyssey2001 Sun 30-Mar-14 20:20:34

As a teacher I would want to know.

Your son's teacher can give him gentle reminders throughout the day if necessary without embarrassing him.

Also his teacher may be aware of something (small or large) that may be causing this. Teachers find is very helpful to know all of these little things to start putting 2 and 2 together.

hippo123 Sun 30-Mar-14 23:09:50

I has this with my ds at the same age. He simply didn't want to go and miss out on the fun stuff going on. Def have a quiet word with the teacher. If you don't tell them they won't know.

mrsstardust Mon 31-Mar-14 11:18:21

i went in today and mentioned it to his teacher. She said she will keep an eye on him and give him a few reminders.

kilmuir Mon 31-Mar-14 11:20:02

Think thats best

ZuleikaD Mon 31-Mar-14 12:28:09

I find that DD has a run of accidents when she's doing a 'grow' - it's as though she suddenly has less control for a week, then she's fine again.

mrsstardust Tue 01-Apr-14 02:39:34

he was dry yesterday. so the problem seems to be solved

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now