Talk

Advanced search

If you have small urban garden, what children activities do you have/do in there?

(6 Posts)
littlecrystal Sun 30-Mar-14 14:50:43

I have a small patio garden and there is not much to play with for my 3 and 6 year old boys. The small sand / water table does not get much play. We had a small trampoline but it was really too small but occupied so much of the garden that we gave it away. What else could we have in the garden? I am thinking football gate or basketball hoop.
Any ideas? Thanks!

WaveorCheer Sun 30-Mar-14 15:02:59

We currently have a mud kitchen, digging patch and the beginnings of a 'snack garden' (pots of tasty things like mint, strawberries, grow bag of tomatoes). I also have plans for a music wall and some kind of ball or water run on the fence.

We do pottering in our small garden- running around type activities are for the park.

BarbaraPalmer Sun 30-Mar-14 15:52:51

we only have a little Wendy house, which is largely ignored. the DDs also enjoy planting seeds and watering the plants. we get a little £2 three ring pool out in the summer for water play.

we're within a 2 minute walk of 600 acre park, so go there for everything else.

BlueChampagne Mon 31-Mar-14 12:19:39

An easel, so they can paint outside?

MinesAPintOfTea Mon 31-Mar-14 12:23:09

A small slide and ds helps garden: plants seeds and waters them. We have enough space to kick a ball back and forth but no equipment for that.

issimma Mon 31-Mar-14 12:44:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now