Talk

Advanced search

How on earth can you tell if a BF baby has diarrhea?

(5 Posts)
redcarrot1 Sat 29-Mar-14 17:31:10

My 9 week old has suddenly had a series of very yellow runny stinky nappies with no bits in. Is this a dodgy stomach and something to be worried about? He's just had his jabs and I feed him a bottle in the evenings. Otherwise he's his normal self except quite sleepy at the boob at the moment.

Theyaremysunshine Sat 29-Mar-14 19:19:30

You can tell diarrhoea. Honestly. It looks like there's been a brown or green wee and left a few bits in the nappy (sorry to be graphic). Bit more runny than usual but yellow and mustard/korma ish (sorry again!) sounds typical for post jabs slightly away from normal.

If he's well in himself I wouldn't worry.

DalmationStripe Sat 29-Mar-14 19:24:25

Like pp, you can tell if it's diarrhoea. My 8mo had it last week due to antibiotics and it was literally like yellow water. As long as he is fine in himself and is still getting plenty of milk, I wouldn't worry.

fish88 Sat 29-Mar-14 22:32:51

We've not experienced diarrhoea yet but my LO's nappies we're exactly the same after his jabs.

callamia Sat 29-Mar-14 22:38:53

DS had it after the first of the rotavirus drops. It was dark green and totally alien looking compared to usual. He might have a small upset, but it doesn't sound like anything to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now