Talk

Advanced search

Please help me or any advice welcomed on baby naps and feeding

(3 Posts)
UnsureMumma Fri 28-Mar-14 17:12:21

17 week old baby doesn't seem to settle well on her own for day naps so for ease I just rock her a bit when she looks tired usually after 90-120 mins of being awake and she drifts off and naps In arms. Last few days she screams and screams and it takes an age to calm her, I missed a nap yesterday and it was awful, she cried and wouldn't settle at all, wouldn't take bottle or anything.
Also she has started to take more milk, now 6 or 7 oz so should I leave longer gap between feeds ( was 3 hrs) and should she have less bottles? I read max of 32 oz in a day??
I want to help her nap in cot but have no idea where to start, she always seems wide awake the minute I put her down.

TheGreatHunt Fri 28-Mar-14 19:14:56

Leave the cot napping for now. Just do what works. I had great success getting dd to cot nap from 5 months after every nap being on me/in sling or pushchair prior to that. Before that it seemed too difficult. From 5 months (closer to 6), I would feed, wind then rock a bit then pop in cot in her darkened room. She gradually got used to it and would go to sleep. If she got upset I would go and rock her but generally she's a champion napper be it cot, pushchair etc.

TheGreatHunt Fri 28-Mar-14 19:15:52

Also if she wants more milk give it to her. Adults don't all eat the same portions so why do we expect babies too. Sounds like a growth spurt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now