Talk

Advanced search

toddler very hot

(5 Posts)
duzzlightyearsmum Fri 28-Mar-14 16:03:47

So had a call from DSs nursery to pick him cos his temp was 39.5 and he'd been sick. He's two. He had calpol and an hour later his temp was 39. Now three hours later his temp is still 38.8 and he's been sick once more but he seems fine otherwise. Just looking for some reassurance that I'm not neglecting him by not rushing to a&e or the gp or anything?!?! Xxx

mumofboyo Fri 28-Mar-14 16:19:57

Can you give him any ibuprofen? That might work alongside the paracetamol to reduce his temp.

Speaking only from personal experience, if they're able to keep fluid down and are weeing enough then they should be ok.

Call NHS Direct to ask for advice?

noblegiraffe Fri 28-Mar-14 16:26:25

These things always happen on the weekend don't they. If he is fine apart from sickness and fever I wouldn't bother the doc with it. If he gets lethargic or distressed, or dodgy rashes etc, then reassess.

duzzlightyearsmum Fri 28-Mar-14 16:48:13

Thanks for replying! He honestly doesn't seem unwell at the moment. He's been playing albeit slightly more tame than normal but he's not drowsy and he's drinking plenty and just having a yoghurt now so am hoping it was just a random one off and the weekend won't be ruined!

Xxx

Prometheus Sun 30-Mar-14 21:57:20

For my kids Calpol just doesn't work and it might as well be a placebo. Only ibruprofen gets their temperature down. Calpol never ever touches it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now