Talk

Advanced search

Is there anyone out there with 4 boys under age 5?!!

(10 Posts)
Mumof3boysunder4 Thu 27-Mar-14 20:15:44

Hi ladies,

I have 3 gorgeous little boys age 4, 3 and 10 months. I have just found out I am pregnant (accidentally!) with my 4th child. My husband is one of 4 boys, my sister has only boys, we have lots and lots so I'm pretty sure this little one will be a boy. I adore my kids, I adore being a mum but I am already shattered and was hoping someone out there could reassure me about having 4 boys under 5 as am a bit concerned about logistics of keeping everyone happy!

nilbyname Thu 27-Mar-14 20:22:02

Ph my days! You're a lucky woman, I bloody love my ds, and my dd, but would have loved another little boy! 4 boys is a team, a posse, a crew! Congratulations!

beachesandbuckets Thu 27-Mar-14 20:22:41

Don't have 4 boys, but have 4 five and under (5, 3, and 8mth twins). Totally manageable (some good days, some bad same as having two kids), but have always got to school on time, kids have never missed a party, still breastfeeding babies, and everyone happy, clean(ish), fed and sleeping as I type (8pmish) so don't worry too much and don't listen to doom stories, good luck! X

LongPieceofString Thu 27-Mar-14 20:24:19

My friend has 4 boys, total age gap 4 years, they are a really awesome happy family! Congratulations x

beachesandbuckets Thu 27-Mar-14 20:24:59

Ps and I am managing to go back to work soon, tho that will be nice to maintain my sanity me thinks! Not rich, Dh works long hours nor have lots of help etc, just organised.

cathpip Thu 27-Mar-14 20:26:02

I used to nanny for 4 boys under 6. It was loud, hectic but so much fun!! Routine is essential but then it's also necessary with 3. Many congratulations!

pussycatmomma Thu 27-Mar-14 20:31:57

So interested to read this - im pregnant with my 3rd little boy..thinking of 4 has set me off all over again- sounds awesome- congratulations!! Id like to know what 3 boys are like personally as im secretly terrified its all going to be a bit much ! Mine are age 6 and 4 xxx

Mumof3boysunder4 Thu 27-Mar-14 21:07:47

Thankyou smile xx

Mumof3boysunder4 Thu 27-Mar-14 21:15:32

Oops sent that too early was trying to write thanks so kick everyone for replies. I am feeling much better and am starting to get excited although very very early days so aware it could go wrong.

Pussycatmumma having 4 boys is lovely, they are so so affectionate it's very sweet. The elder 2 get on brilliantly and the little one is just starting to get involved. They are pretty boisterous, not much sitting still and doing puzzles (I hear this is what girls do but a bit unknown to me?!) but their energy means we spend a lot of time outdoors which I love. It's not always easy, far from it I won't lie. I have days where I feel like the luckiest person there is, and others when I think WHAT WAS I THINKING?!! But the positives far outweigh the negatives. I'm a pretty disorganised person but my best days by far and the ones where I have made the packed lunches the night before and made plans to meet friends, the hardest days and the ones where it is raining, I haven't made any plans and then I realise the fridge is empty and I have to take all 3 to the supermarket, I get lots of comments of 'you've got your hands full' in there for sure! It's all about being organised as someone mentioned above! I love being a mum of boys, good luck! x

StupidFlanders Thu 27-Mar-14 21:49:03

Yep I have 4 (no longer in that age bracket). I'm proud to have my group of boys and enjoy the faces on people when they click they're all mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now