Talk

Advanced search

snack recipies needed!

(4 Posts)
milkyman Thu 27-Mar-14 12:56:11

I fancy making my own snacks for ds. Have tried mini muffins from blw book but he didnt like them. hewrd good things about oat bites but cant find any suitable recipies. any success stories?

SavoyCabbage Thu 27-Mar-14 13:01:57

Nigella's cheese stars from how to eat are great

badidea Thu 27-Mar-14 13:35:52

DS1 used to love cheese straws, if you want some suggestions try the book 'finger foods for babies and toddlers' book by jennie maizels it has good ideas/recipes for finger foods including snacks, biscuits etc. It's about 8 or 9 quid to buy, so maybe check with local library first (in case you don't fancy the look of it, we use a lot of the recipes for main meals as well as snacks).

Although a friend of mine just used to halve the amount of sugar in normal recipes when she made biscuits to make them a bit more child friendly (she made lovely peanut butter biscuits, mmm....)

rrreow Thu 27-Mar-14 15:32:09

I've made these a couple of times these past weeks: mamapapabubba.com/2012/09/09/the-best-no-sugar-added-banana-muffins/

They are yummy and sweet, but no added sugar. I use sunflower oil instead of grapeseed oil and in my latest batch I added 1/3 cup of raisins. Next time I am going to try to add some peanutbutter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now