Talk

Advanced search

Anyone feel like a bad mum?

(7 Posts)
Lavendercandles Thu 27-Mar-14 02:56:57

I have a gorgeous 9 month old ds. He is perfect in every way. But why am I not happy? I have days where I love looking after him and it is a breeze. But I often have days where I can't wait for dh to get home so I can hand the baby over. I know this must be normal but I feel so guilty. I know it's a blessing but sometimes I wish I had some time off. Even just half an hour. I find myself missing the freedom I used to have, then I gets cross with myself for feeling this way. Does anyone else feel like this? Am I a terrible person?

AFishCalledBarry Thu 27-Mar-14 03:14:01

It's completely normal. Do you get any time to yourself?

I'm a LP and there are times when I can't wait for DD's contact with her dad just so I can get some time out. It's incredibly intense being with them day in and day out. Don't beat yourself up for feeling this way.

ItsBritneyBitch Thu 27-Mar-14 03:14:28

No you're not a terrible person or bad mother. It's normal to feel like that. Maybe ask your dh if he can have the baby one day when he's not working so you can have some time for yourself.

Please Don't feel guilty about it I bet you're doing an amazing job smile

lola88 Thu 27-Mar-14 08:18:10

I feel that same some times. On Monday I stayed for the weight watchers meeting when I usually just weigh and go (the woman that runs it talks crap I can't stand her) because I couldn't face going home and needed some time out lol.

Everyone needs to get away sometimes I go out 3 nights a week to the gym to do a class 2 nights a week I'd lose the plot if I didn't go. Find a hobby you can do a couple of evenings when your DS is in bed to get out of the house, it feels good to have something that's for yourself.

Blankiefan Thu 27-Mar-14 08:48:15

I felt this way quite early on. When DD was 12 weeks or so, I joined a gym with a crèche (just our local council one so not too expensive). It gave me a couple of hours of "me time" a week and was a huge relief (and didn't hurt with losing the baby weight either)

I felt guilty at first but it made me happier and helped me enjoy my time with DD more because I had an "Escape" so felt I was choosing to spend time with DD rather than being stuck. I go back to work in a month but she's now been in nursery 2 days per week for a month already to help her settle and give me a break. She goes in today and I have to discipline myself to actually get her there at a decent time (she's napping very cutely beside me in bed right now)...

Happy mummy, happy baby...

stressbucket1 Thu 27-Mar-14 08:54:06

Again I agree totally normal I have 2 gorgeous dd's but I look forward to their bedtime every night and enjoy going to the supermarket on my own for a break!

lockie1983 Thu 27-Mar-14 10:33:53

I have a 9 month old too, high ly strung needs. Often feel like a terrible mum, have days when i can't wait for nap/bed time. I just try to enjoy the easy days and fun bits as much as I can ... And learning to shrug off the horrible relentless days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now