Talk

Advanced search

Proud parents come and share your glowing hearts

(20 Posts)
foxy6 Wed 26-Mar-14 17:55:31

hi all I have 5 children, 4 boys and 1 girl. I love them all with all my heart, but at the moment it's glowing with pride for my daughter and I though I would share it with you all.

she is 10 and last week was parents evening, she had a glowing report. she is helpful, considerate, works hard and is liked by everyone. we was expecting this as all her school reports have been the same since she started school. She is a delight to teach.grin

she goes to Tang Soo Do classes and has had 4 graidings since starting. she received the award fro moat improved in her 2nd and 3rd grading. In her 4th grading the master told her quietly that he wanted to give it to her again but as she received it in the last 2 gradings, did she mind of he have it to someone else, of course she didn't mind. she also received a student of the year award from her instructor at Christmas. grin grin

along with all this she also goes to scouts. she has just moved into the scout troupe from cubs at half term. her scout leader has told me how impressed he is with her. she was invested last night and give scout of the month award, this was decided on by the other scouts. grin grin grin

and with all this she remains modest and not big headed. I am very proud of my lovely daughter.

come all and share your proud moments, no matter how big or small they are.

everythinghippie29 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:06:22

Aww Foxy your daughter sounds lovely! No wonder you are proud.

My little man is only 13 weeks so isn't quite so active but today he pressed a button on one of his toys to make it play music and I felt very proud that he's learnt to understand button=music! (I may take that back if I have to listen to that plinky plonky version of Pop Goes the Weasel once more tonight though!) grin

foxy6 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:11:19

lol lovely invention musical toys for children.

Flyingducky Wed 26-Mar-14 19:15:56

My 3 yo gets up at 5am, every day and runs amok. He is disobedient and bold. He is constantly injuring himself, never listens, refuses to eat anything I make for him and is a total nightmare most of the time. I do, however, love him and his stubborn, wild wee spirit with all my heart.

Oubliette0292 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:26:55

My DD (9) got a speaking part in the school play. She is soooooo excited. She was really nervous about the audition. I'm so pleased it went well and very proud of her for going for it.

EatDessertFirst Wed 26-Mar-14 19:51:58

DD started Reception in September. She had the lead role in their classes Christmas play. She is in top group for reading and writing and is 'a joy to teach' according to her teacher.

So proud and yes a little smug of my PFB.

DS (3) started part-time nursery in January. His confidence has grown, his manners have improved and he now eats everything in sight.

Again, so proud and a bit more smug of my PSB.

I cannot wait to see the people they will become.

Pocket1 Thu 27-Mar-14 22:26:17

What a lovely thread.

My DD is 9 months and she's desperately trying to stand up. All day every day. She has strong little legs and is so determined. She will get there soon I'm sure.

I'm just so proud of how much she had learned and developed so far.

smile

Gerty1002 Fri 28-Mar-14 08:29:27

My DS is 6.5 months, a whopping 24lbs and always smiling. I'm so proud of his eating at the moment... he will literally tuck into anything I give him as long as it's not too small to pick up. He is also now trying to pull himself up on furniture/humans and can take his own weight on his chunky little legs. He makes me laugh every day with his funny antics and makes me feel truly loved.

Thank you OP, I needed that after yet another horrendous night's sleep (or lack thereof)

Blackvarnish Fri 28-Mar-14 16:11:55

I was proud of my son today at the children's centre. He's 3. We were in the garden, he picked a flower and gave it to a little girl, said 'how do you do' then got her a chair and said 'take a seat' - Little romantic!!

Gerty1002 Fri 28-Mar-14 16:19:54

How sweet!

mymatemax Fri 28-Mar-14 16:27:53

Foxy6, your dd sounds lovely, it's a lovely feeling to hear others sing their praises.
I'm so proud of the caring, warm, funny & fun people my ds's are growing in to.

ThreeBeeOneGee Fri 28-Mar-14 16:39:11

I was so proud of DS2 last night that I could have burst.
Background: he has Asperger's and ADHD and started at a mainstream secondary school in September. He is the smallest child in a year of 190 and is socially about a year or two behind. Very reluctant to try new things or do anything he isn't sure about.

Last night he performed in the school music concert. He has been learning the clarinet for two terms and played in a wind band with students who are up to Grade 5 level. He also sang in a small choir with about ten other boys. At the end he looked so pleased that he'd done it. I was beaming and also trying not to cry at the same time.

Elllimam Fri 28-Mar-14 18:32:53

Aw I like this thread. My little guy is 16 months and can say 35 words smile today he learned how to say supermama smile love him to bits

blacktreaclecat Fri 28-Mar-14 21:41:06

DS is 21 months and is starting to speak in sentences. Love hearing him chatter, he is so cute.
Love the way he takes my hand and leads me around. Also brings me a book and says Mama knee.
He lights up my world

missmagnum Fri 28-Mar-14 21:52:42

Aww lovely thread. I'm feeling proud of ds (3) today because I had a hair appointment and who was going to have him, had to cancel, so I took him with me, thinking it may well turn in to a stressful hour. He played so nicely for the whole hour, everyone was complimenting him.

Lifesagame Fri 28-Mar-14 22:21:12

Very proud of DS1 (5) this week - he went on a school trip and the following day a mum who had volunteered on the trip found me in the playground and told me how lovely DS had been and how he'd been impeccably well behaved and extremely polite all day. She was so gushing about him that I nearly ended up gushing tears!!

mamalovesmojitos Fri 28-Mar-14 22:24:45

Cute! Lovely thread smile. Op your daughter sounds gorgeous. My dd is 10 too. She got a new baby cousin this week & her eyes shine with happiness when she talks about him. He's a premie so we haven't met him yet & she is counting down the days til she can hug him. Seeing her so happy, full of love, her heart so big for a baby she's never met, & not one bit bothered that he is the centre of attention
- it makes me so proud to have such a loving girl.

foxy6 Fri 28-Mar-14 22:29:31

threebeeongee I can understand how difficult that must of been for your son as my 15 yr old sister had aspergers and I couldn't imagine her doing that in a million years.

it's nice to read about the lovely things our children do. I try to be proud of mine as much as I can and it gets harder as they get to stroppy teenagers. grin

MegBusset Fri 28-Mar-14 22:37:24

DS2 (reception) has just got the hang of writing. He is hypermobile and couldn't so much as write his name at the start of the school year; he had no confidence in writing or drawing and literally never so much as picked up a pen at home.

His teacher has worked so hard with him since September, and he has had extra sessions with the PE teacher to improve his coordination and motor skills.

At the weekend he asked for ten sheets of paper and a pen, and all by himself he sat down and wrote a story (it was about an octopus who sat on his friend) smile

I am so proud of how much he's come on smile

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Fri 28-Mar-14 22:58:52

What a wonderful thread.

My dd is 20 months and her language is amazing. She talks in proper sentences and about abstract things. I love hearing her language develop.

She was going through a painfully shy phase and her cm (who had only looked after older children alongside her so they really cossetted her) took on a 15 mo and she really struggled learning to share the toys and the cm. This week she was sharing really nicely and trying to kiss him!! Hurrah for my gorgeous girly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now