Talk

Advanced search

Need some opinions on decor for nursery

(12 Posts)
mrsleomcgary Sun 23-Mar-14 22:53:08

DD is 3 months and rapidly getting too big for her crib. Cot doesn't fit in our bedroom so will need to go into her own room in the next few weeks (I know, guidelines advise sleeping in same room for 6 months but don't have a choice unfortunately) so we have been decorating her nursery. One wall a nice pale pink and a very very light grey on the other three. We want to get some stickers for the walls but I cant make up my mind and DH says it's up to me, so would you lovely ladies mind telling me what you think?

www.notonthehighstreet.com/thelittleblueowl/product/elephant-wall-stickers

www.notonthehighstreet.com/theestateyard/product/circus-wall-sticker

www.notonthehighstreet.com/littleprints/product/owl-tree-fabric-wall-stickers

TangleStash Sun 23-Mar-14 23:49:00

The elephants are lovely but I might be tempted by the circus. It's nice and colourful and has a lot going on so will give her lots to look at and imagine as she gets older. Have fun with the decorating, I loved doing our nursery! And then I ended up with a co-sleeper....
Oh - and don't forget Pinterest. Tons of amazing ideas on there.

DIYandEatCake Mon 24-Mar-14 03:51:10

I like the tree. Have you looked for wall stickers in other places too, we got ours from amazon, there is loads of choice and can be cheaper too (got some lovely colourful butterflies for dd's room a couple of years ago for less than £10).

fluffandnonsense Mon 24-Mar-14 04:43:54

Owl tree! Too cute!

LettertoHermioneGranger Mon 24-Mar-14 05:12:28

1. Owls
2. Elephants
3. Circus

All cute, I think the first two go best with your color scheme.

Lozzapops Mon 24-Mar-14 09:00:23

Elephants!! They will go beautifully with the colour scheme you have described.

Our nursery is grey as well, I love it, such a nice colour scheme, you can do all sorts with it.

MiaowTheCat Mon 24-Mar-14 10:05:10

I like the circus but I like bright colours so would do.

Have you tried Dunelm Mill if you go for owls? They have a sleepy owls range of nursery stuff that would go with it that is just bloody gorgeous (think they have some circusy stuff too).

One we did that the kids love now they're a bit older (just turned 1 and about to turn 2) are sticky on plastic mirror shapes - we got one set from B+M and the other set from Ikea at different times... they're both fascinated/utter tarts with mirrors!

mrsleomcgary Mon 24-Mar-14 22:15:23

Pinterest not helping! Have a board full of ideas but none of the money/skills/space to pull them off!

When I posted last night I was thinking I would go with the elephants but the room while not huge has a really tall ceiling so think they would get a bit lost in there if that makes sense. So now I'm thinking something similar to the owl tree (same seller but different tree lol!) with a sticker of bunting with her name on it and some squirrels! All cheaper than the tree but think it will look better!

Of course this time tomorrow I may have changed my mind again!

Girl339 Mon 24-Mar-14 22:26:53

Definitely the owl tree, it's gorgeous!

chattychattyboomba Mon 24-Mar-14 22:34:34

Oh my! They are all just gorgeous! Does any have any significant meaning to you?
We kind of went with a bird theme for DD1 (has to do with a nickname we have for each other- she is the junior version wink)
For DD2 we have started a bit of a giraffe theme (we are all very tall and picked up some stuffed giraffe toys in a 'family' style while on holiday after just learning of pregnancy)
Other friends have done something similar due to names etc (Daisy has flowers, Aubri has strawberries etc)

mrsleomcgary Mon 24-Mar-14 23:14:04

No,no significance in any of them, I'm just really keen to avoid the whole girly princess stereotype which seems to be everywhere. To me these are the 'right amount' of girly!

chattychattyboomba Mon 24-Mar-14 23:16:50

smile Go for the owls I think. The tree is lovely but have seen it a million times. I love the circus but doesn't seem to match your colour scheme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now